Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

What Do You Think Of The Color Jetstream Blue?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:19 AM
Default What Do You Think Of The Color Jetstream Blue?

TodayI drove up to the dealership I'm trading my '05 2LT VictoryRed Z51 Coupe for and officially puttung my order in because they had an application last week and it was for a convertible, so I had to wait another week, although I had already had them price out the difference between my car and the '08, and I saw the new Jetstream Blue in person. And I must say it was fantastic! It is so much like the old Nassau Blue, and to my suprise I found out that it basically is just with a new name from GM! It was a Convertible with a black top and cashmere interior. And I must say after seeing it on the Chevy website I wasn't crazy about it, although I never judge a color by the internet, but after seeing it in person I thoguht it was gorgeous looknig. It really makes the Corvette look like an exotic as does a couple of other colors, but this is more of a rare exotic kind of color, because I see the Atomic Orange on every Z06, and I had a '04 350Z in Le Mans Sunse (Metallic Orange) and loved it, but on the Vette not my cup of tea. and the Yellow is awesome, with a glass roof in my opinion, but everyone has one along with Victory Red and Black. But this Blue looks just so awesome and I'm sure it will be a rare sighted color like the previous Blue! But I think it is much nicer than the other blure, much more classic looking. So I actually told the dealer that I would put a deposit down for the new car, but to hold the allocation, which must be sent by December 4th, and I told them I would be back on Saturday with a color choice I was gonig to get White, which I had before the Red in '03 and early '05. But now after seeing this blue I might just get it. Blue has always been my favorite color, but I've never had a blue car. I ddin't like the 350Z blue, too purple for me, and the old Vette blue was too dark for me also! But now I have a predicament on my hands Artic White or Jetstream Blue? I just wanted to know if anyone has seen the new Jetstream Blue in personand I would liek to know what you guys think? I value everyone's opinion on this forum so please write back!

[/align]

Old 11-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Default RE: What Do You Think Of The Color Jetstream Blue?

IMHO, your post was more of a rambling rant which is why few people have responded. But I'd go with the blue over the white myself anyday of the week. White is so bland and looks terrible on any car, much less a CORVETTE! JMHO! Remember, whenever you get free advice, use it for what it's worth. Which is nothing. In the end, it's your car and your money. So why are you asking others what color YOU should buy when THEY are not spending a dime on it?

Old 11-29-2007, 03:23 PM

Well I appreciate your insult on my psots, but I will try to keep them shorter and try not to rant on about things. But I really am juyst interested to see how people are receiving the color over the old Le Mans Blue, and if peopel agree that it looks more classic. Trust me I wouldn't base my color choice on the opinion of the people on here, although I valueyour opinions on howyou feel aobut the colorI'm not gonna buy a color based on what you guys think! No offense to anyone becauseI likehaving input, as most people would here, but it wouldn't come down to what everyone thought otherwise everyone would end up drivingBlack and Silver Corvettes which seems to be a favorite on this forum, butSilver for me is too bland, and black is onl nice when perfectly clean and its too hard to keep asan everyday car in the Northeast!

Old 11-29-2007, 11:11 PM

The color in person grows on you I seen many the past few weeks at Captree long island .I think the black wheels look better than the chrome. I have the Lemans Blue Z51 and also had a 07 black which I think did nothing to show the lines of the vet.Ialso dont believe I will ever change the exhaust .If I want noise Iwill HAVE A 40 FORD PICKup that Iam building now . My black vet filled with water during a flood on my street .Looking back it was a blessing The black did not show the line like the Lemans blueand the z51 pkg made it handle .I guess thats my 2 cents.Love the car just the way it is.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5139/E96B83D6D23948F7A5CFB1E3966468FC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5139/A5EFB42C84EC4949B1B296D973440FB6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-29-2007, 11:32 PM

Well thank you for your opinion, I felt the same way when I first saw it I was like its okay on the internet but after seeing it in person I fell in love with it. And that sucks about your Black Vette, but you dont seem to be real bothered with it so good for you! And I agree I don't think Black, White, and sometimes Yellow do justice for the lines of the car! I think White is very elegant and expensive looking, in my opinion, and the Black is classic althoguh I like it better on the C5 or the C6 Z06 not the standard C6. And Yellow looks good to me sometimes. But I'm glad everything worked out for you and thanks foryour post!

[/align]

Old 01-22-2008, 12:50 PM

I have to say that the color has grown on me and I like it best in the convertible. That is the color my wife chose for her coup. Shooting from the hip, I would have chose the yellow until I saw them side by side.

And while I am always a supporter of buying what gives you the most joy, you can always plug the color into the price guides to see if it will be a cost deduction or a bonus on resale. (That may only be a factor if you buy and sell frequently. I say, don't look and follow your own personal taste. Live in the moment! Good Luck!
bh

Old 02-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Ric

CoolestCorvette First I don't think your post sounded like a rant. You sound excited as you should be getting ready to order a new Corvette. I do like the jet stream blue on the c6 but I haven't seen a Corvette generation or color I don't like.Now I have to know What did you order??

Old 02-19-2008, 03:54 PM

I love the new Jetstream blue, if it was around when I bought mine, I might have gotten it instead.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:52 PM

We sat in a dealership the other day filling out paper work on ours and My opinion hasnt
changed. This new blue is GMs worst blue ever! It didnt grow on me or my wife while
setting there looking at the 2 ZO6s they had on the floor in front of us it made us like it less.
We were looking into Black or White and while there picked the crystel red metalic.
We have had the car a week now and we both are blown away with this color.
We have had nothing but compliments on how beautiful this colors is.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:43 PM

I traded my 05 blue for the 08 blue. I pulled mine up and parked next to the new color. After about an hour, the color WAS better. So, now I drive the new blue and love it. Besides, the new automatic is faster and so much smoother than the 2005.

Quick Reply: What Do You Think Of The Color Jetstream Blue?