Corvette Blue Devil

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Default Corvette Blue Devil

I haven't heard any talk about the Corvette Blue Devil/SS that was rumored to make an appearence as an '07 model. Just wondering if anybody has any recent news about it? For those of you not familar with what I am referring to here is a little info from July of last year along with a few photos.

With the latest supercar horsepower tango pouring out of Europe, GM can't stand to see the already potent 500hp Corvette Z06 gazed down upon as a second rate supercar. Instead GM is developing an alleged supercharged 600hp Z06 with carbon fiber components dubbed the "Blue Devil" as reported by Autoweek in a recent interview with General Motors vice chairman Bob Lutz. With a curb weight hovering around 2900 lbs. and a price tag starting at $100,000 the European competition should be breaking into a cold sweat as the Blue Devil seen here making laps around Germany's NurbĂĽrgring passes by.

By: Brian Potter
WorldCarFans.com
July 1, 2005

Old 04-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Default RE: Corvette Blue Devil

I think, given all GM's problems, it's dead.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:22 AM

i would agree with lee.there is talk that GM may go bankrupt by next year.and that volvo my buy them out.and volvo said ,that will be the end of the corvette.[]

Old 04-05-2006, 10:07 AM

That's the first I have heard about Volvo possibly buying GM out. Its kind of sad to even think about the Corvette no longer existing, but on the other hand I think I would rather see it go away then let Volvo build it....I don't know

Old 04-05-2006, 07:33 PM

I am not sure I would put much trust in that rumor.

Volvo is owned by Ford, so I doubt Volvo would buy GM. I can't see Ford trying to either: they certainly want GM's market share but they probably sense they can get it gradually, without all the hassles of taking over a debt-ridden company, without all the investment, just by building and marketing better cars (which they are doing, overall, by a small but noticeable margin). I can see Ford stepping in to buy GM only if it felt another buyer looking at it was a threat to it (i.e., Toyota or Kia or -- God forbid -- Renault(probably the only people who could screw GM up worse than it is already)).

I expect, as with Chrysler back before the K-car, our government will not let GM go bankrupt, at least while the current adminstration is running Washington, and would not let it fall to an unacceptable foriegn buyer.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:39 PM

YA ,I HEARD IT ON CNN,I JUST ABOUT FELL OUT OF MY SEAT WHEN I HEARD,COULD YOU IMAGINE WHAT A VETTE WOULD LOOK LIKE FROM VOLVO...A 4 DOOR VETTE WITH A 6 CYLINDER AND SOLOR POWERED. I THINK I AM GOING TO BARF.....DAM WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO,WELL IF THE GAS KEEPS GOING UP NO BODY WILL BE ABLE TO BUY A CAR AND ALL THE DELERS WILL GO BANKRUPT,I CAN SEE IT COMING.[]

Old 04-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't put to much stock in Ford either. They are glossing over their problems. Go to Flat Rate Tech and read what Ford techs are complaining about. They are paying less warranty time on warranty work and publicizing it as "more dependable cars" because they have less warranty work on their cars. HA![8D]

Old 05-08-2006, 12:36 PM

To Hell and Back
Off-again/on-again super-Corvette is definitely on, GM performance cars chief says

AutoWeek | Published 05/01/06, 2:38 pm et

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That off-again/on-again super-Corvette is definitely on, according to General Motors performance cars chief Tom Wallace.

Wallace, who replaced recently retired Corvette chief engineer Dave Hill, tells AutoWeek the biggest challenge facing the so-called Blue Devil Corvette is figuring out how to get 600 hp to the ground in such a way that it can be handled by a driver with the money to buy the car.

Wallace said GM is considering requiring that Blue Devil—and even Z06—buyers attend a driver school as part of the price of admission.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:37 AM

Good to hear that the project still has the green light.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:02 AM

they had a great show on the speed chanel about the blue devil c-6,check speed on demand,

Quick Reply: Corvette Blue Devil