New to the C7 Family, looking for opinions and people's experiences - Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette C7 Forum The newest version of the All-American Classic 2014+

Old 03-04-2018, 04:20 PM

Cool New to the C7 Family, looking for opinions and people's experiences

Hello all!

I'm a former owner of a Black/Tan C5 and have since sold her long ago. Well I've missed her ever since and I am finally back in the market to buy, this time, a C7 Z51. I am looking for a gently used one, preferably a '16+ with fewer than 10,000 miles on the clock.

With that said, there are two reasons why I want this car, the first being the obvious: FUN. I intend on making this my spring/summer/early-fall car. The other, PERFORMANCE and APPEARANCE. I am planning on purchasing a widebody kit for her as well, and also a nice performance package.

With that said, I have been scratching my head a bit...I've come across The Corvette Doctors located on Long Island NY (their website, actually) and there's a performance package which claims 630HP. Now, looking at what they do to the Vette to achieve that HP increase, I can't seem to figure how it's possible.

The Vette Doctors C7 Corvette Stingray 378 CID LT1 630 HP - The Vette Doctors <--- Link to the page

Can anyone else shed some light on the situation here regarding this package and how what's stated there would achieve 630HP?

Also, anyone recommend a specific type of Vette or package (2LT vs 3LT)? Maybe some known issues that there have been and/or model years to be careful of. I want to make my re-entry into the Vette world a good one!

Thanks in advance everyone!
Old 03-07-2018, 06:20 PM

*bump*

Anyone..?
Old 03-10-2018, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

The biggest thing I could think of would be to find someone that has had the same upgrade and see how they like it. Also what does it do to the factory warranty. I know if you use the Callaway upgrade, I believe it still has the factory warranty attached because they've been approved by Chevrolet. There's also a Hennessey upgrade.
Don't know the status of the factory warranty on them though.

Have you considered just going out and getting a C7 Z06?