Corvette C8 Forum The newest version of the All-American Classic. 2020+

Ordering process

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 02:25 PM
Default Ordering process

Im 62, not looking to race or track my car, so I'm sure z51 isn't needed, my question is the magnetic ride and performance exhaust must have for a weekend corvette?

Old 10-01-2021, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. From what I've read and heard about both of those options, they are must have. I know I'm putting both of them on my order..

Old 10-01-2021, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum. From what I've read and heard about both of those options, they are must have. I know I'm putting both of them on my order..
Thanks for your insight. Im not cheap, just wondering they charge almost $1000 for museum deliveries, and they still charge for delivery transportation???

Old 10-03-2021, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

I plan to do the museum delivery also and from what I've read and heard about that, it's well worth it. The reason it was explained to me as to why the destination charge is the same for each car whether it's delivered to a dealer in Bowling Green or Alaska is that they divide the total shipping cost by the number of cars they expect to produce.
The museum delivery charge includes the complete PDI (Pre-delivery inspection) and a complete personal explanation of all the things in the car. You also get a free tour of the museum that day and a heavy duty SD card for the PDR (Performance Data Recorder) that's built into the car.

Old 10-03-2021, 11:57 AM

That makes sense, and yeah I agree that's well worth the grand... I've seen they really take the time to go over everything and looks like no rush where as the dealership, well its not going to be as informative, when I picked up my SL450... might have spent 5 minutes total, when I asked the salesman said "this car has alot of options and features, just pay attention to what you're interested in and don't worry about the rest " seriously, that was it, until they got my returned Mercedes Benz questionnaire, they actually sent someone to my house over 60 miles away and spent well over 4 hours.

Old 10-03-2021, 08:11 PM
Default Large volume vette dealer, or small country dealership

I hate to keep asking dumb questions, but I'm getting alot of different people saying completely different things. First does it REALLY make a difference between high volume vette dealership over a small country dealership that only has literally a dozen 2022 vettes on order, as opposed to the dealership I choose in Florida (1 of the top 5) by vette volume where I'm #586. Does it really make a difference, cause I'm thinking people are actually over thinking I'd rather have 12 orders in front of me over almost 600 ahead of me??

Old 10-03-2021, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

The top dealers get more allocations than the small dealers because the top dealers sell more Corvettes. Now one thing different this year on allocations is that allocations are predicated on how quickly the dealer sells the Corvettes that they are allocated. In other words, say a dealer normally gets 12 allocations a year. But if he orders those Corvettes and puts them on the showroom with a $30,000 markup, then it will sit there for a period of time. Chevrolet does not like that because they want the cars out on the road where people can see them and get aroused and go buy one. So if the dealer's average time on the showroom is high, then he's not going to get as many allocations whereas the dealer that makes a sold order and only has the car for a few days after it's delivered while he gets it ready well get more allocations that way.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

If the dealer that gets 12 orders only gets one allocation a month then you would have to wait a year at that dealer. Now that is about the average waiting time currently. So to really determine which dealer is the best, you need to know how many allocations each dealer gets a month. You can put your name on the list on more than one dealer and then just cancel when you get an order approved.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 73shark
The top dealers get more allocations than the small dealers because the top dealers sell more Corvettes. Now one thing different this year on allocations is that allocations are predicated on how quickly the dealer sells the Corvettes that they are allocated. In other words, say a dealer normally gets 12 allocations a year. But if he orders those Corvettes and puts them on the showroom with a $30,000 markup, then it will sit there for a period of time. Chevrolet does not like that because they want the cars out on the road where people can see them and get aroused and go buy one. So if the dealer's average time on the showroom is high, then he's not going to get as many allocations whereas the dealer that makes a sold order and only has the car for a few days after it's delivered while he gets it ready well get more allocations that way.
Man... how can I thank you for not just your answers, but you've exactly explained all my questions and concerns I hope there's more members such as you on this forum. Ever think about running for political office? Seriously thanks for all your insightful comments.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Have you been able to get any feeling from your dealer on how long it'll be before your number is up?

Quick Reply: Ordering process