Corvette C8 Forum The newest version of the All-American Classic. 2020+

Time management

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 10:21 PM
Default Time management

Hello, I am new to the Forum. Approximately seven months ago, my deposit was accepted.
10/25/23 my order was confirmed and received for production.
12/18/23 My car is on the Production Schedule.
Anyone know the next steps and approximately a time line for those steps (not counting constraints, etc.
(I have a large CD to come due in late May and would not like to cash it in early and lose the 5% interest.) Otherwise I will have to sell my 2022 Audi A5 to help pay for the new Stingray.
Thanks for any information.

Old 12-19-2023, 12:39 PM

Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on the new ride, I don't know myself how long it takes but there are a few members on the forums that have had that C-8 experience. Hopefully they will come on and tell you their experience and what they know. If it's set for production depending on the back up I would think it would be in the 30 day range. Seems like there was a way to check the production of a car online, not positive of that. Sorry for not being more helpful.

Old 12-19-2023, 09:48 PM

Thanks for the information Thomas77 it was helpful.

Old 12-20-2023, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. My dealer submitted my order in February and I drove it home from the museum on May 5. I'll try to find the phone number for the Chevrolet concierge when I get home.

Recently a problem was discovered with the Tremec DCT and they are shipping those units to a shop in Detroit for repair.

Old 12-20-2023, 08:44 PM

Thanks 73shark; the information is very helpful.

Old 12-21-2023, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

Couldn't find the number for the Chevrolet concierge but I haven't stopped looking. It sounds like your order is at event code 3000 and it probably would be 4 to 8 weeks after that for delivery. So I suspect it will be long before May.

FWIW, it was about 9 weeks from the time my order went in until I drove it away from the museum.

Your dealer has access to the current status of your order through their WorkBench software system. You should check with your sales person to do that. If you had the museum delivery option (R8C), you could ask them and they could track it for you also. But since you didn't mention that, I suspect you don't have that option.

When my order went in, I received an email from Chevrolet@deliver.chevrolet.com.cnam...gn.ado be.com stating that my order had been received and that they would be sending me updates after that. Never heard from them again.

Last edited by 73shark; 12-21-2023 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-21-2023, 03:06 PM

Thanks again for your efforts. I thought I would get information about when I was at event 3000, 1100, etc.
Unlike your situation, I have received two notices from Chevrolet so far. The emails they sent me have 6 little grey rectangles with two of them filled in RED, with "Arrived at Dealership" at the end, so I imagine there are 4 more steps to go and I am also assuming that I will get an email with each progressing step.
As I get closer to the end I am going to start looking for a transportation company to get my vehicle from New Jersey (Ciocca) to California like I did with my 2014 Stingray. I think I may update this post as I get updates. It may help others who may be in need of the information like I am.

Old 12-21-2023, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a sample of what your dealer can see. I also heard that there's a chatbot at chevrolet.com. Haven't checked it out tho.

Here's a link re: the Concierge

Old 01-29-2024, 11:28 AM

Hi out there in corvette world. My C8 is prepped and ready to be delivered to me here in CA from N.J. I imagine it will be about 10-14 days from now as the carrier had some trouble with his vehicle.
I just received an e-mail from the Service Team at Satzfydtitles.com saying that:
" SRS Inc will be working with my dealership to obtain new plates for my vehicle. To complete the process, we need the following as required by the DMV for vehicles purchased out of state:"
Original VIN inspection
Passing smog certificate (Most new Corvette's don't pass until they have close to 1000 miles due to a sensor)
You can obtain a VIN inspection from your local DMV field office or search online for a mobile ViN verifier. Use the attached shipping label and mail the form (do not sign at the bottom) to us.
Once the test is passed, reply to this email or text to the number below. The electronic system will post the results in DMV's system. We can then issue your plates and mail them to your address.

Has anybody had trouble passing a smog certification with a new Corvette here in Ca.? I have taken two other new Corvettes, ( C6 & C7), to a smog station and passed both times with under a hundred miles on each.
Does the sensor they talk about in the email new to the C8?
I think in Ca. you have 20 days to register an out of state vehicle. I don't think I will have close to a 1,000 miles on it by then.
Thanks in advance for any information.
S

Old 01-29-2024, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

I would try asking the dealer because they surely have experienced this with other C8s.

Or just wait a few years in Cali and you won't be able to drive an ICE car of any model any longer. 😱😡😉

​​​​​

Quick Reply: Time management