Corvettes for Sale Selling your Corvette? Advertise your used Corvette to thousands of users here for FREE! Private ads only! No Commercial Posts!

1978 25th Anniversary for sell!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Default 1978 25th Anniversary for sell!

Hey, looking to sell my 78. She has been a really good car to me, but with the way gas is going and I'm going to have to start commuting 30+ miles each way isn't going to work out for me. Plus I just don't feel right putting that kind of mileage on a car like this.

Here are two pictures I have of her.

Name:  IMG_0002_800x600.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  92.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0004_800x600.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  101.5 KB

List of whats been done;

-The paint job is the same paint job you can find on the 05's. Three coats of base and clear.
-American Racing Rims, Torque Thrust II with 295 Rear Tires. Tread is about 50% I would say.
-Edelbrock 600cfm Electric Choke Carburetor.
-Edelbrock Performer RPM intake.
-Hooker Ceramic Coated Headers, which go to a 2 1/2 inch straight pipe which end threw Flowmaster Mufflers. No cats on this car, is registered as a classic vehical.
-March Billet Underdrive Pulleys
-Dual Electric Fans
-Installed the 84' alternator to counter the electric fans.
-160-degree thermostat
-Radiator was rebuilt
-Rear Spindals replaced about 5 thousand miles ago.
-Tons of chrome on engine
-CD player
-You won't find ANY RUST on this car either.

What needs work;

-Dash has a couple of small cracks.
-Has all lines and hoses, but no AC compressor
-Minor stress cracks in the back right quarter panel.
-Very minor paint defect on drivers door. Never had anyone, but myself notice it though.
-Could use new interior carpet. Its cream interior also.
-Heater controls don't work currently either.
-Speedometer isn't working. Now I know this is a touchy subject on people. The speedo cable was replaced... sadly that wasn't it. It needs a new speedometer unit. Guessing someone before me pagged it out by moving it with there finger and snapped the mechanism because there is no way they made this car do 180 with a three speed.

I've never had a problem not having a speedometer. I knew the guy that owned it before me and wasn't worried about him lying to me in anyway. I've only driven the car 4 thousand miles tops. I live one mile for work... currently and I hardly never drive when I go out with my friends.

It is an automatic, but this tranny runs outstanding and you can quick shift it just like a stick all you want.

Overall frame has 105,000 miles on it, but again you won't find any rust on this car so the frame might as well only have 10 miles on it.

The engine was rebuilt by the owner before me, but I have no receipts to prove any of it.

Looking for $13,500.

This car runs extremely strong and starts first time everytime. I can get you more pictures if your interested just let me know. My email is Triangles01@yahoo.com. Either PM me or just email me for any questions or inquiries. Oh and I live in the Las Vegas area.

Thanks, Kyle

Old 05-02-2006, 03:44 AM
Default RE: 1978 25th Anniversary for sell!

I just paid my finally car payment this afternoon. I go out to get some subway about 1/2 mile from my house for dinner. Driving out of the parking lot and some dumbass backs right up on top of my front bumper. The guy says he has no insurance so I call up 911 right away. Well while the police are on there way the guy gets in his car. I run over fast as I can to the guy and tell him to get out of the car. I'm yelling at the guy telling him its only going to make it worst for himself, but just keeps saying sorry and drives off.

I thought about trying to stop him, but then next thing I know he pulls out a knife and stabs me in the arm or something. So I just wrote his license plate down and am hoping for the best from my insurance company. The cops did nothing. They said they can't. So thats how useless they are here in Vegas.

I'm still selling my car, but sadly there is some scratchs in the front of it now. Only good thing is that I have so many coats of clear on it, it just rubs mostly clear off. I'll post a picture of the damages tomorrow.

I'm only looking for 12,000 or best offer now. I'm tried of getting screwed and hope that someone who has the time for this car can find it.

Thanks for listening, Kyle

(yes this is a duplicate post from the other corvette site)