Corvettes for Sale Selling your Corvette? Advertise your used Corvette to thousands of users here for FREE! Private ads only! No Commercial Posts!

2003 Z06 FOR SALE SALVAGE TITLE

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Default 2003 Z06 FOR SALE SALVAGE TITLE

I am listing this for a friend. He has a 2003 Z06 with only 2200 miles that was totaled in a freak black ice accident. He bought the car, got it fixed and ready for paint over an extended period of time due to cash flow. He moved the car to another body shop for paint when a large windstorm felled a large tree directly on top of his vette. Needless to say, the car has damage all over it and I would suppose that it would be great for parting out. Unless of course you have tons of time to try and make it something. Such a shame b/c the car only has 2200 miles on it, yes, the milage is correct. It was almost new when he got it from a lady in PA. The body shop was slow, as were his funds as he just purchased it from her, thus the reason for almost no milage. The drive train is perfect, as it should be. The interior of the car has gotten wet from where the tree smashed through the roof. But I believe, as I have restored several vettes, that the interior will detail out nicely. I think if he would get a decent offer, he would entertain that offer. I do know that Z06 engines on Ebay are going for at least $5-8K, let alone the rest of the car. He did install new chromed wheels and the tires of course only have 2200 miles on them. Feel free to contact me via this forum for more info. Upon request, I can furnish pictures, and a phone number for contact. I think this car is do-able for someone who wants a low milage Z06. Just remember that the car has a salvage title and the tree did penetrate the roof. Pricing should be close to the $10-11K mark. Hopefully this helps anyone thinking of taking on a project car of this magnitude. Once a corvette, always a corvette! Offers will be entertained, if within reason of course. But nevertheless, make an offer, ask for pictures, whatever you need to make a decision. Thanks to all.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Default RE: 2003 Z06 FOR SALE SALVAGE TITLE

Lets see... another corvette with water damage... that should be a "fun" fixer-upper. Oh, and 2003 zo6 motors for 6-8k?? You can buy a brand new C6 LS2 motor for 5.5k so I don't think so on the Z06. Your car is worth 7-9k total with all the crap one would have to do to get the electrical job done alone IMHO. Atleast, that's the most I would spend. If somebody spent more, they'd be a hell of a handy man with a hell of a lot of time on their hands.

Oh yeah, THE PATRIOTS SUCK!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the COLTS to beat them in the AFC Champ game. Sorry about that guys, they really got under my skin tonight...

Old 12-04-2007, 05:55 AM

While I appreciate your comments, this vette is not "crap". It just happened that it had some bad luck and over the years I am sure there have been other pieces of "crap" that have turned out very well. And I didn't say the car was in a tropical downpour either. Yes, it got wet but not soaked to the point of no return. Funny that I have seen engine prices for what I quoted but there again I am sure that they can be had for more or less. Your estimate price for the car is about where my friend wanted to be. I think he was looking for around $10K for the car. I saw a rolling chassis on Ebay that was stripped of EVERYTHING except the motor, tranny, wheels and steering wheel and they were asking $14K. So all things considered, that 10 mark should not be a bad investment. I'll bet if you parted out every part (but who really wants to do that intensive work and shipping), you would find a much higher return on your investment. I think he would just rather sell the whole thing "as is" and be done. But hey, everyone has an opinion, RIGHT?

Old 12-12-2007, 10:03 AM

I just had a chance to look at this vette which belongs to my buddy at work. I was the originator of this first post but lost my password and had to re-register to post this reply.
This vette has damage ALL OVER. Make no mistake, it will take major work to bring the body back. The drivetrain is in fact perfect with only 2,200 miles, like new condition. The interior has gotten wet but appears to only has affected the passenger seat, carpet and rear deck area. The dash appears to be dry with no damage done. Again, these are observations visually only. The car ran perfect before the tree fell on it. Looking on Ebay, I found just about every panel for this car i.e. hood, fenders, quarter panels, rear deck glass etc for $1575.00 for all pieces minus freight costs. So parts ARE available if you have the TIME, EFFORT, PATIENCE, AND RESOURCES to make this car right. In speaking with my buddy and re-accessing the damage, he has agreed to sell the car, AS IS, to the first buyer with $7500.00, no negotiations, no offers, just $7500 takes it. If you have questions, call me and I can fill you in better. If you can't make a nice car out of this one for less than $12K, somethings wrong. You could own a 2003 Z06, with red leather interior, with 2,200 miles, for not too bad a price. Just keep an open mind with this one, it CAN be done. The roof did have a penetration via a tree limb but I think it can be glassed over and will require a new windshield too. Like I said in the original post, this car needs work, but it's a good chance to own a Z06 with low miles at a fair price. Email: WVMOUNTAINS@VERIZON.NET
Car is located just 1.5 hours south of Pittsburgh, PA

Old 12-19-2007, 05:47 AM

THE CAR IS NOW SOLD. SOLD FOR $7500.00 AND THE GUY THOUGHT IT WAS A STEAL. THANKS FOR LOOKING. DAN [8D]