Corvettes for Sale Selling your Corvette? Advertise your used Corvette to thousands of users here for FREE! Private ads only! No Commercial Posts!

84 C4 FOR TRADE in DALLAS/DFW area

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 12:02 AM
Default 84 C4 FOR TRADE in DALLAS/DFW area

I love my car, but it's slightly impractical for my current life needs. For one it seems like everywhere I need to go three or more people are included, and i've found people really dont like riding in the back! So I'm kind of looking for anyone who might want to trade it for another running vehicle.

I'll try to get pics up if there is interest, but in the mean time I'll give a description.

I bought this car about a year ago from PA, its been a solid driver, I drove it from PA to MI and down to Dallas here as soon as I got it. I am origionally from tulsa and only here for school, and I make the trip to Tulsa frequently also without problems, basically I'm saying I wouldn't hesitate for a second to drive this car anywhere.

It is an automatic
it has approximately 135K miles
Silver paint with spoiler
Targa top
I've replaced both the starter and alternator and battery is about a year old.
Also I put new rotors and pads on the front (ceramic pads)
Tires are great on it and were new when I got it, so they are about a year old.

Problems, issues:
Paint, the paint looks fine from the sides, but the hood is faded some in the center and some around the gas cap but not much, other than the fading the paint is alright for being origional, I'd say its better than a "20 footer" for everything but the hood.

The rear hatch struts have gone out which isn't that expensive but I don't use the hatch much and haven't gotten around to it yet.

Interior, the seats (mainly the drivers seat) has wear in the bottom and cracking and some minor holes that haven't seemed to get any worse since I've owned it. Dashboard is crack free, and the rest of the car is pretty good.

The rear defroster isn't working, I honestly havent even looked into it yet, its probably something simple, but with dallas winters I havent even missed it or worried about it yet.

mechanically it has ran great for me, the two issues I have with it in that reguard right now are: Recently when I turn to the left I hear a "grinding" sound and I don't know that that's a good discription but its all I can come up with, Cause I've done a basic scan and can't see anything physically rubbing or anything, and sometimes it is worse that others. I haven't taken it to a shop or anything yet to have it looked at, besides the noise though I havent had any functionaly loss yet. And the last thing I can think of again It's probably simple but the back breaks squeek when breaking at slower speeds and sometimes makes like a grinding noise when going backwards. When I replaced the front breaks and rotor the rear was checked and looked fine and I pulled one the other day and the pad still had material but I didnt further investigate cause I had to go.

I almost forgot, it had a transmission gasket leak, but that has been taken care of and replaced.

Sorry for the long ramble, but I'm trying to be brutely honest upfront about it, especially since it wont really hurt my feelings to end up keeping it.

But if anyone is interested, and has a functional running vehicle they might be interested in trading let me know. Also I say trade rather than sell, because again, it won't hurt my feelings to keep it, and secondly I have a very hectic and busy schedule right now and this is my only car so I don't neccessarily want the hassle of selling then having to deal with looking for another car, that being said I will entertain offers if you wish, but I won't make a cash price for it.

I'm going to stop rambling now.

PS: I dont really have a specific car I'm looking for so I'll entertain any offer old or new (I love old cars). The only things I can think of that I'm NOT interested in trading for off the top of my head are:

Minivans
Miatas
Ford Taurus

Old 02-27-2006, 12:46 AM
Default RE: 84 C4 FOR TRADE in DALLAS/DFW area

i have a 1991 z28 camaro and would be interested in trading, i would like to see some pics.
my camaro has the original 350 and is in great shape