Go Back  Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site > Corvette Classifieds > Corvettes for Sale
Reload this Page >

The Snowmobile as Featured in Corvette Fever Magazine

Notices
Corvettes for Sale Selling your Corvette? Advertise your used Corvette to thousands of users here for FREE! Private ads only! No Commercial Posts!

The Snowmobile as Featured in Corvette Fever Magazine

Old 09-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Default The Snowmobile as Featured in Corvette Fever Magazine

For Sale - The Snowmobile built by Doug Plette and Featured in Corvette Fever Magazine (http://www.corvettefever.com/featuredvehicles/81278_1997_doug_plette_chevrolet_corvette/index.html). This car has over $100,000 invested in it. I purchased this car recently, and I now realize this is too much car for a girl to handle. This is a guy's car with an engine that roars. This car is a monster with statistics that show it ran 725+rwtq with nitrous. (Only two bottles of nitrous has been run through the motor.) This is a one-of-a-kind very special car for the collector, racer, or weekend driver. Meticulously maintained, loved and pampered. Always garage kept. Although this car is a jaw dropper and is great for my ego (which is why I bought it), I need something more practical. Offered at $38,000 OBO. Newer trades considered.
[email protected]
Name:  IMG_0052.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  72.6 KB
Name:  inside.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  47.2 KB

Old 09-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Default RE: The Snowmobile as Featured in Corvette Fever Magazine

Can you list the mods? I remember seeing this car in Corvette Fever Magazine. It's sick!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 02:51 PM

These are just some of the modifications. I have a complete page ofperformance mods, appearance mods and statistics. All this is Greek to me, but my mechanic verified that there is $100,000 invested in this car. This is a truly unique opportunity. I am willing to negotiate on the price, especially since I have found a replacement Vette locally with a manual transmission that is calling my name. I have become quite comfortable driving the Snowmobile; but this is a guy's car. If anyone would like more photos, I can email them to you. The photos on this site do not give the car justice.

Performance Modifications
Agostino Racing Engines (ARE) 427 aluminum-block stroker motor (re-sleeved factory LS1 5.7 block with 4.080 borex 4.080 stroke)
Custom Ross pistons
Childs & Albert rings
Lunati pro-billet 6.200 rods
Cloyes timing chain
Clevite H Series race bearings
Motor balanced and blueprinted
Underdrive pulley
ARE/Lunati custom-ground State 11 cam
Stage III LS6 heads (2.100 x 1.600) with complete competition three-angle valve job
Manley Race Flo stainless steel valves with Viton valve seals and titanium retainers
Comp Cams racing locks
ARE custom head-bolt kit
Custom 4.100 bore HP head gaskets
LS6 intake with custom direct-inject Pro Fogger nitrous system with annular nozzles and a completely separate fuel system for the nitrous, including stand alone fuel pump
Breathless Performance airbox, ported BBK throttle body
DRM BeCool integrated oil cooler radiator
ARE Custom Progressive long-tube headers (1 3/4 to 1 7/8 to 2 inch into 3-inch collector)
Custom 3-inch exhaust with X-pipe into B&B PRTs
Cartek clutch
Halon underhood fire system
Bilstein Sports shocks
Valentine V1 radar locator
Full custom-moly rollcage
Battery moved to the rear, safety cutout switch

Old 09-23-2007, 09:14 PM

Hello, just wondering if you could send some more pictures of the interior and engine to [email protected]. What does the car need, does everything work, especially the A/C. Thanks.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:25 PM

Photo of the interior and engine attached.