General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

digital gauges and seats with racing harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Default digital gauges and seats with racing harness

I noticed something that just started happening. After driving the car for awhile. When I accelerate the battery gauge almost buries itself towards the far right. it made it INTO the orange area once but it wasusually on the cusp. When i'd stop at a light or slow down it would go down to the middle.

took it to autozone and while the guy admits his tester on wheels isnt the best i could never duplicate it again. it would get from the 1/2 way mark to about 3/4 or a little beyond.

normal for corvettes? this is my first one.

Also my speedo gauge doesn't work and I hate the look of analog anyways. So maybe I'll kill 2 birds with one stone. Can anyone point me towards a getting all digital gauges? I want to leave the center column open for a new radio, nav, dvd player, etc. I want to pimp this thing out. I'm not at all about retro. This will be my daily driver and I want to truly customize this one.

Finally I love the look of racing seats with the 5 point harnesses. can anyone point me towards comfortable but not so costly seats? I'm looking in the $130 range for seats with the belts.

Oh. One last thing. I need a bra to cover the fiberglass damage where to go?

august of 1979 is when my vette was born. Love that year!!!

Tony

Old 03-05-2007, 03:34 AM
Default RE: digital gauges and seats with racing harness

I know it's not normal but I don't know what could be causing it sorry.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Default RE: digital gauges and seats with racing harness

Probably need to get a electrical test to find the short in there. Your asking for "Two racing seats with two 5 point harnesses for 130.00 or less"? I doubt that will happen.....If you find some please let me know. I will be all over that deal. From the prices ive seen like 5-600 dollars for just the seats?