General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Lumbar Motor Problem on C5

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 01:58 AM
Default Lumbar Motor Problem on C5

Hi all,

I've got a C5 and tonight when I got home and shut off the car I noticed a humming and vibration after I shut the car off. Through some investigation I realized it was coming from under the drivers seat, specifically a motor under the seat. I also noticed that when I pushed the buttons for the lumbar control the motor would shut off, when I let the button go it would start running again, so basically backwards. I had just got the car back from the dealer because the trans had to have some work done, though I'm thinking it's not related - not sure how it possibly could be. Anyway, had to pull the seat so I could unplug the motor so it would drain the battery or overhead the motor. I'm lost as to why it's doing this and where to start looking for what's causing it. My only though is the switch for the lumbar control went bad and somehow reversed itself. If anyone has seen anything like this, or would like to offer up some suggestions, it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Bob