New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

Another Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 02:20 AM
Default Another Newbie

Hi Folks,
I'm new to this posting thing so I hope I do it right. Well, New Year's Eve Day, my brother called me and told me about a Black C6 "you got to go look at". So, carefully leaving my check book at home I went down to kick some tires. Somehow those tires, with this black C6 attached, ended up taking me home. I've been poring over all the internet sights, and you all sound like a great group, and Lee Willis, what an incredable wealth of information you carry. Thanks for sharing it! And the same to all the others that jump in also. I've learned alot already from this site, thanks. Just a little short history. My Dad sold Chevys all my young life, and he used to bring home some of the neatest hotrods.One night(in about '58) he showed up with a '57 Vette, SCCA weekend warrior. Numbers painted on the side of the car, fueley motor, injection tossed and 2 fours on because no ond could figure out how to make the injection work. He took me for a ride down a back street, pedal to the medal. The only time I could get my head off the back of the seat was when he shifted gears. Between that, and a record he brought home of Zora Arcus Duntov taking a Vette around Riverside Raceway, I was DONE!!! The last Vette I drove was a '69 435HP big block car. Managed to stay away 'till this C6 got me, but I'm really enjoying it!

Old 01-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Default RE: Another Newbie

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase. As I always tell people the Corvette is the best car I have ever owned and I can't get enough of driving it. Good to hear you are feeling the same way. When you get a chance you have to get some pictures of her so when can take a look.