New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

Greetings All

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Default Greetings All

What would us dummies do without the internet and sites like this. It's like moving into a fully equiped andheated garage from the cold,cinder filled driveway; Japanese wrenches; and, the old, motor pullingapple tree.

I was heavy into cars in my teens & early twenties, then -life happened.

I'm retired now & turning wrenches again. So, I guess you could say that I'm in my second childhood. But, apparently, I love being a kid.

Here's the deal: 70 Corvette, T-top, 350/300, 4-speed, A/C, removable rear window. Motor, trans, rear & 90% of everything else original. Been sitting for 30 years, lots of work ahead of me.
I'm going to beneeding this forum (and the winning powerball numbers).

I'm quickly finding out thattrying to restore one vette equals ten divorces. H-u-m-m-m, Vette?-Women? Vette?-Women?

I hope the next owner appreciates the fact that he's robbing me out of 8 more honeymoons.Meantime,I'm stuckwith notjhing more than skinned nuckles andold memories ofDinah Shore blowing me kisses.You'dthink that GM & theVette supply houses wouldestablish some type of love lost/restorationsurvivor's pension plan.

Anyhow, nice to have you guys around. It's like having Corvettes at Carlisle in your back yard.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:02 PM
pg
Default RE: Greetings All

Hi old mac and welcome to the forum, you'll make lots of new friends here.

I've been retired for a number of years too. I drove a water truck three days a week for the last 6 years but the real estate market for new homes is so slow they don't need my help any more. To bad, that was a good excuse to get out of "Honey Do" projects.

Dinah Shore, I'll bet most of the members here will say "Who"?
I remember her "See the USA in your Chevrolet"

Post some pictures of your new Vette.
Have a great day! PG.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Greetings All

Welcome to CFs, Mac!

".....the cold,cinder filled driveway; Japanese wrenches; and, the old, motor pullingapple tree."

Heck, I'm still there....