New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

Im new here

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 02:29 AM
Default RE: Im new here

C3 im gonna look her over some more too, she seems to handle well and do just fine on the road, but im not too sure what im looking for in that area, just comparing it to my other car in regards to how she feels, steering and all feel tight and responsive engine sounds tight too, i do notice when i engage the trans it engages kinda hard but it shifts perfect so im not worried about that. Like i said earlier the only thing i can see is the blue smoke when starting her up after shes warm, and even that clears right up in a few seconds, so i feel sure thats just valve seals. Other than that shes in pretty goood shape i feel for a almost 24 year old vette.

P.S. C3 it also has a decal on the back under the license area that says Police Interceptor...what the heck is that. LoL

Old 12-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

I've never heard of a "Police Interceptor" Vette, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
I wouldn't make a habit of intercepting the police though, could prove to be rather costly.

From your photos and descriptons, I think you may have found a very nice Vette, at a very reasonable price.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Me too! sounds like a great find. The C4's are a little rough riding but that's just the stiff great handling suspension GM stashed under them. My '87 rides rough but handles like a dang dream.

Police interceptor? that's interesting. I've never heard of a PI vette either but I know in Gainesville Florida they had 3 vettes in service. I think they were drug bust booty though. They had several hot cars. I also know in '68 The Georgia HP had Big Block vettes as well on the I 75 and I 95. No sense running from them, LOL!

This is a great place to learn. It's loaded with real helpful and smart(not me, I'm stupid) folks that are more than happy to help as much as they can. So jump in and join the fun. We're glad to have ya. Check her out real good and bite the bullet. They can all be fixed if need be. Don't forget the wave. cheers

Old 12-29-2007, 09:27 PM
pg

Hi and welcome to the forum, that sounds like a great deal! An 84 Vette for $ 3800.00 seams like a very good price. The photo's look good so take a chance, drive it for a few months and you'll be hooked.
Any car that's 32 years old will need some work, and there is plenty of help on this forum. PG.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:34 PM

That's a pretty good looking car for the money, I wouldn't worry too much about the miles. Ask if they have any maintenance records. Things to look for are weatherstripping, it can get in your pocket pretty quick. The 84's had the stiffest suspensions of the C4 years (even with the Z51 cars of later years) and if this one has the Z51 handling package (my guess is that it does) then it is even more so.

I'm not sure where the RPO codes are on an 84 (glove box door, console lid, rear compartment lid are common places), but if you can find them they will tell you alot about the car.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:43 PM

Hey y'all just wanted to let everyone know i did get the 84 and i love her and i look forward to many years of getting to know y'all and the corvette [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 01-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

O.K.,...........now,.....it's picture time.
How about it, hurricane?

Old 01-03-2008, 04:48 PM

Yup, time for some more pictures.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

If ya look at some recent pics, takensince she's been with ya,
I guarrrr-on-teee, that you'll see a whole different car.
Show us what you see.
Take 20 pics, and show us your favorite 5?
Better yet, openyour photogallery with us![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-09-2008, 09:35 PM
MJW

O.K. Bill go for It welcome to the family and love the Rims Too

Quick Reply: Im new here