New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

My 91 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Default My 91 Corvette

First, let me say at 36, Owning my first vette makes me feel like I am apart of something that's history. I love my vette, maybe, it's just the fact it's mine but, I can't leave it alone. I feel I got mine at a good price. Could have been a little cheaper but, I'm not complaining. My vette is white with a classy black strip as well as dark gray int... The motor is nothing more then what was stock for that year car. This 350 TPI system has 131,+ thousand mile on it. gets around 251 mptank. Never, have I ever had acar I could feel proud of. Driving it is everything I though it would be and more. Talk to me, I want to know more. I also want to be apart of the club that this car has created in the history of it's creation.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: My 91 Corvette

Welcome to CFs.

By joining CFs, you are now a member of that exclusive club.
We are more than willing to talk with ya about your Vette.
Got any pics? We love Vette pics.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:05 PM

Thanks, Yes I do have pictures. I was trying to add some to my profile. I don't know how give me a little time to learn your site. But, mean while, here is the url where you can veiw pictures of my corvette. http://webpages.charter.net/christurley/mycorvette/Please let me know what you are thinking or if you may have some questions.

As I was say I love this car. Since I have bought this car I have done something that I felt that I need to do. One of the things I did was wash it, compound it, and buffed and wax it. This car wasn't white when I bought it. it look more grey(thats how durty it was). I have also placed the cooling system , Oil change, other fluids change. I have also added a couple of things to the car. Put a black pin striping to just add a little class to the car also to brake the white color up a little. This car is Alantic white with grey leather interior and a cream top. my plan are to change the top to a black top and add factory 2000 corvette mesh whiles. Drilled and slotted rotors. I was think of painting the calipers white. but not quite sure if I will do that or not. The interior is in very good condition to be 18 years old now. I did do a car fax on this car and according to them, this car started its life in ky shipped to TX where the first owner purchased it. Then this car ended up in OK were it was sold again, back to TX then came here to South Carolina where I've purchased it. However, according to carfax this car has never been in any accident ever in its lifetime. in looking over this car, there is nothing wrong with this car other then normal ware and tar. This car has the stock 350 TPI, this car also get around 19 city and 23 highway. specs say's that it has 250 horse and 340 touque. I am also looking to update and upgrade that. I would like to see if I could get around 400 to 425 horse out of it.

There are some questions though. I thought that there was a way to have the hide a way lights down with the parking lights on (atleast the older vettes are like that)? This one the hide a ways come up when you turn the light switch to the parking light position. I have also added projetion beams headlight to the hide-a-ways they give the car a little classier look to the car(I think).

later

Old 01-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Nice Vette.

Great looking kids too.

What is the little car parked behind your Vette? I would think it belongs to one of the boys.

I dont know squat about lighting, but it sounds like you have a handle on the issue.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:05 PM

Thanks for the complement, the car behind the vette in that picture is a barbe vette that someone was giving away at the local trash dump that I thought my second youngiest son would enjoy. It was pink. I repanted it to look like mine (white with black seats) so he has his too ( like father like son ).

Old 01-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

BTW, 400 hp is very doable for a 350.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:11 PM

Is it? give me some Idea on where to begain. I was thinking I would change the plugs to +4s, change the throttle body to 52-58mm butterflys then get a hi ignition pack, change the chip. or am I working in the wrong direction. This car will aways be a street car but when I want to take it to the track (blue moon) I want it to preform better then others my vettes age.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Ya gotta go inside the engine. Cam, rods and pistons, lifters, valves, maybe a dif crank. Combine these with a real good ignition andfuel delivery system, and you shouldnt have any prob blowing the doors off a stock Vette.

But watch out, ........
.........you wont be the first to pump up their 350.