New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

New here first vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 01:57 AM
Default New here first vette

I'm 21 and I just purchased my first vette. It is a supercharged (Vortech) C5 coupe 2002 463 hp and 460 ft lbs of torque, z06 rims 18's on the front 19's on the back, it is also lowered and the brakes are upgraded. It also has an upgraded transmission and clutch. I purchased this from a porsche dealer for $26,250 with 28,100 miles on it, this seemed like a killer deal am I wrong? ( I think they wanted it gone because it made all their $100k porsches seem slow.)

Forgot to add it has upgraded headers and exhaust.

Thanks for any and all input,

Luke B

Old 07-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New here first vette

Welcome and that IS a killer deal.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:41 PM

God you got a hell of a deal, im 20 and im just looking for a Blk M6 Coupe C5, Post pictures when you can [sm=Awwww.gif]

Old 07-14-2006, 02:28 AM

2 days after I got it the fricken serpentine belt broke so I took it to pepboys. (worst move ever) They have had my car almost a week, I got to drive it 2 days in the rain no less and its been in the shop for 5 days. I had to find the part number of the belt they needed because they are clueless. So when I get it back I will put up some picks. Hopefully this is the worst thing that goes wrong for a little while.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:50 AM

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

2 days after I got it the fricken serpentine belt broke so I took it to pepboys. (worst move ever) They have had my car almost a week, I got to drive it 2 days in the rain no less and its been in the shop for 5 days. I had to find the part number of the belt they needed because they are clueless. So when I get it back I will put up some picks. Hopefully this is the worst thing that goes wrong for a little while.

Wow just a belt....i can do that in 10 mins in my driveway lol

Old 07-14-2006, 03:42 AM

Belt and a pulley sorry, they got the pully right except they misplaced the spacers for it and they ordered the wrong belt.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Ahh, familiar stories about PEP boys. They hire anyone off the street, "Do you wanna be a mechanic? No Experience? No Problem."

Old 07-17-2006, 11:42 AM

Congrats on your purchase, I think you just committed the heist of the year, cause that was an amazing deal. You might want to try and find a good Corvette shop in your area to perform all the rest of your work, don't think I would want to leave me car in PEP Boys hands. Good luck with everything....oh and we definitely want to see some pics when you get her back.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:40 AM

My vette actually looks like yours pay2play. Pepboys was a disaster of course, they scratched my door bad; They are going to pay for it but man they suck bad. I will take pics tomorrow after I wash it.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:36 PM

Note that in addition to belt slip being common with the Procharger and Vortech, there have been problems with the alternator bracket on '97-02 vettes breaking under tension of the belt on SC'd C5s. I posted some pictures of mine after it broke a while back somewhere in this forum: the extra tension under full SCr load just cracks them and they break. Later model replacement brackets have extra reinforcement. You might watch for that.

Quick Reply: New here first vette