New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

New member 2013 Grand Sport Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Default New member 2013 Grand Sport Convertible

Greetings,

My name is Angela and I recently purchased a leftover model 2013 Grand Sport Convertible, with 3LT package. I was originally contemplating a dodge challenger SRT8, and with all the bells and whistles it was coming up to the low to mid 50s for price. It started to get me thinking, for that amount of money I could just as easily buy a vette. So I ended up getting a pretty good deal and a great deal on the trade in of my '13 Charger SRT8. In the end, the vette was only a few thousand more than what I was thinking of paying for the Challenger. Plus I already own another Challenger already, so it would be kind of superfluous.

As near as I can tell, everyone loves the corvette. I get all kinds of compliments all the time. I am personally loving the car. I found out early about pulling the fuse for the performance exhaust, although I am thinking of the mild to wild route for that.

The only issue I have had with the car was the convertible top which failed to work on the very first time I tried to use it. It went down without a hitch but would never come back up. Other than that, the car is perfectly awesome and meets my needs.

I always liked the look of the Grand Sport since I saw one a few years ago. I was always thinking about it after seeing one at a state fair.

It's not my first corvette. When I graduated from college and secured my first professional position, I decided to spend some money on myself for a treat and bought a 1972 corvette. It was already fairly old when I bought it. But I really loved that car. I crashed about a year later and thought maybe I had a corvette curse. Now I want to make sure the curse is lifted

When I owned my SRT I had it on the track so I have some (a little) track driving experience, though none with the corvette yet. It's actually quite addicting

ps: I love doing the corvette wave and look forward to meeting everyone on the road or a cars and coffee event. I attached a picture I snapped of the car last weekend when I was driving along the Rhode Island shoreline. It's my first of hopefully many fun pictures I will capture.

Attached Thumbnails New member 2013 Grand Sport Convertible-corvy1.jpg  
Old 05-14-2014, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully thee dealer can get your top fixed since it should still be under warranty. Beautiful car.