New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

New Member from Wisc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Default New Member from Wisc.

I attempted to introduce myself yesterday, but it would appear my attempt failed. So let's try it again. I purchased a 2001 Pewter Corvette Convertible this past Fall. It was in excellent shape except for two very small rock chips in the paint on the front bumper. The remainder of the exterior, interior and motor compartment were flawless. The mileage was just under 13,000 at the time I purchased it and it now has just under 14,000. Winter comes early in this part of the country and it sadly was put to bed mid-October. My wife and Ienjoy riding ourHarley, snowmobiling, ATVing, watersports, (about anything outdoors) which is why we wanted a convertible. So far webelieve the Harley is in for a bit of a shock come next Spring/Summer. Like most first time buyers we have a great deal of questions and as time goes on we hopetopick the brains of seasoned Vette owners. I enjoy working on my own equipment (completely rebuiltmy then new 2004Harley engine, suspension, and drive system) and hope to make someimprovements on my stock Vette. With the Vette's extremely low ground clearance I hope someone can direct me to a mfg. of relatively good quality ramps that don't break the bank.So far I have ordered some small items to makeminor interior and exterior changes that kind of "personalize" theVette.With the current economy in the dumpster major changes will have to wait for awhile.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Default RE: New Member from Wisc.

Welcome wolfman. You have come to the right place for expertise. I sympathize with your winter blues problem as I am from Michigan, which is getting hammered as I type. Post your questions in the C5 forum and I'll bet you'll find all the answers you need. Again welcome to the forum and post some pics of your baby when you get the chance. We love pics!!

Old 12-19-2008, 08:18 PM

Watwheel

This is one time I am glad I live in Northern Wisconsin since all the lousy weather is staying south of us. In fact, most of the snow has stayed south of us all year. My son called today and said the snow banks are getting real high in the Green Bay area where he lives. Just south of Green Bay they really have been getting hammered this year.

I will have to go pull the cover off my new toy and take some photos. It's not like me to have waited this long to take some shots. I have a habit of running all my toys (actually anything with a motor)once a month (year round)to lubricate everything. I'm not much for the standard winter storage or summer storage procedures spelled out in owners manuals. I typically go overboard when it comes to playing it safe. I am blessed with four garages, one attached (heated), and three stand alones (2 heated). The Vette, Harley, Lund boat, and John Deere lawn tractor occupy my newest garage and I try to keep it spotless. The others get used as shops and its difficult to keep them that clean. Thanks for the response!!!!!!!!

Old 12-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to CFs.
Hope you enjoy our forum.

....and yes, we'd love to see some pics of your 'toys'. [sm=Flahssssss.gif]

Old 12-20-2008, 11:19 AM

C3 Starship,

I'm not sure how to upload photos of my toys onto this site?

Old 12-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

A lot of us use photobucket.com, it's a free photo hosting site.

By using this icon, you can post your pics from pb and not have to resize your pics.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:54 AM

Thanks, I'll give it a try!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

No prob.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:05 PM

C3 Starship:

Hopefully the photos can be viewed.

http://s448.photobucket.com/album/qq204/joebud2008

Old 12-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

http://s448.photobucket.com/album/qq204/joebud2008
Part of the address is missing.

Please note, mine.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...p/HPIM0423.jpg

You are missing the last portion of the address.
Your address should have more designation after 'joebud2008'.
Note the '/HPIM0423.jpg' at the end of my link.

Give her another shot, you are on the right track.

Quick Reply: New Member from Wisc.