New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

New from Riverside, CA

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Default New from Riverside, CA

Hello, I'm new to this site. In fact, I'm new to owning a Corvette. I bought a 2002 Corvette back in June '06. I'm really enjoying the experience. There's a Corvette Specialty shop in my town so I've had a couple of modifications done. I replaced the stock exhaust system with a Basani exhaust system (from the cat back). I also installed a Vortex Ram Air intake, a Predator programmer (chip), a Mass Airflow Sensor with cold air tune (that's what the invoice says). In two weeks I'm getting the power ratio redone to give more torque at the lower rpms.

I'm pretty happy with my car. Just getting used to sensations and noises that come with this type of car. My mechanic reassures me that what I hear and feel is common to all C5 corvettes

Old 08-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Default RE: New from Riverside, CA

Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you have a real nice car. Can you post any pictures?

Old 08-02-2006, 09:45 PM

Thanks TopSpeed...I do have pics but I don't know how to post them here. Any advice?

Old 08-03-2006, 01:24 AM

Welcome aboard ! I think you will find this place to be a rather endless fountain of information and ideas. As far as posting pics, I recommend you hit www.photobucket.com and create an account. Once you upload your pics, you can simply copy and paste the IMG link from beneath the pics in photobucket and paste them in your post(s). Bam, easy as pie !

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...s/100_0176.jpg

Now its making a liar outa me grrrrr lol

ok, I ended up placing the HTTP vice the IMG link that usually loads the actual pic within the post. Not sure why it wont work with the IMG link... [sm=boosign.gif]

Old 08-03-2006, 03:30 AM

Welcome!

Old 08-03-2006, 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: JefeC5

Welcome aboard ! I think you will find this place to be a rather endless fountain of information and ideas. As far as posting pics, I recommend you hit www.photobucket.com and create an account. Once you upload your pics, you can simply copy and paste the IMG link from beneath the pics in photobucket and paste them in your post(s). Bam, easy as pie !

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...s/100_0176.jpg

Now its making a liar outa me grrrrr lol

ok, I ended up placing the HTTP vice the IMG link that usually loads the actual pic within the post. Not sure why it wont work with the IMG link... [sm=boosign.gif]
Let's try it here:

I now see what happened: on this forum the tag for images isn't *IMG*, but rather *IMAGE*... I figured that out by using the button when creating a post:

Old 08-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to CF
I have a C3 myself, but, a Vette is a Vette. enjoy your car.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

You can upload them into our gallery and link to them under your profile. Welcome to the site.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:55 PM

Thanks everybody for such a nice welcome! I look forward to exchanging ideas with you. Here's a couple of pics of my humble C5. The first pic is with the Bassani exhaust. The bottom pic was before I had the Bassani exhaust installed. I know I still have a lot of work to do but I need to take it one step at a time. After all, these mods do cost $$.

Name:  bassani2.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  21.1 KB

Name:  vette005a.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  58.0 KB

Old 08-04-2006, 10:03 AM

Welcome to the site. There is nothing like a clean black car...lookin' good