New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

New vette owner from texas

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Default New vette owner from texas

hello to all, my name is mike and i bought my first vette this past week. it has been a life long dream of mine that finally came true. ok that sounds alittle strange but true. i have loved corvettes since i was a kid and drove around town with my dad in hid. he had 2 over the years and i was in love. i have had many cars over the years and began a family young so i never really had the extra money to get something for myself. when the opprotunity came along last week i jumped then remembered i better ask the wife( you married guys know what i mean) but the great wife of mine so to go for it because i have worked hard and she knew how bad i wanted it.. so now i am the proud new owner of a 1984 corvette. hope to meet some of someday but will enjoying interacting with you all here

thanks
mike

Old 02-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site. Congratulations on the '84. They're all a lot of fun. Don't forget the wave. Cheers

Old 02-14-2009, 05:57 PM

Welcome. Where in Texas? I lived in Texas years and years ago and have two sons who live in Austin. Great state, although the weather is lousy along the coast.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:10 AM

thanks for the welcome, i moved here to austin about 6 months for a job transfer from jacksonville fl. i love it here what a nice fun city with awsome schools for kids.
i love the vette its so much fun to drive. i have owned several trans am and camaros over the yrs and they were fun but pale in comparison to the vette. i will never buy another fbody.
i have some work to do still to get her back to a great ride but itsin great shape overall. it has the basic moans and groans of a 25 yrs old car. suspension sqeaks and could use new shocks power steering has a leak in the line but thats about it. small things here and there.

i dont plan on doing and performance upgrades i want it to stay almost stock except maybe aftermarket suspension parts.