Notices
New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

Newbie....

Old 09-19-2016, 01:44 PM
Default Newbie....

Hey guys, new to the site. And to be honest I wont be long. I hope to have this car complete by Mid Nov. I joined because I know there are some of you out there that live and die these cars. When a person is seeking good info some of these forums are rock solid with correct info. So I quick back round on me. Im old enough that I still think I can chase ahh well never mind. Ive been doing this stuff for over 38 years now. I am in Atl Ga. and moved here from the motor city about 18 years ago. I own and operate my own performance shop. I build bikes and cars of any sort and class to any level. Im pretty well rounded in the things that I need to be with my work. If I dont know something, Im not afraid to ask. And I hope Ive learned enough to know the person that is helping is,,,... really helping..? The build that has brought me here is an old customer, but a new car. This one is a factory 1959 body. It is being re-sculpted to the rendering specs of the updated body style and reshaping done by Chip Foose. My customer, had him do the drawing about 6 years ago, and the eventual car a 1959 Vette was purchased about 2 years later. We kept very little of the original car. And most of what we didnt keep to carry over has been sold. Note: still have a lot of good chrome trim left and a few other odds and ends. Feel free to holler back at me if you need a 59 piece of some sort. I may have it. So, the body now sits on a Art Morrison GT3 chassis, and carries the newer M50 center section with IRS. Its powered by a LS3 and that is going into a Liberty modified TKO 500. trans.
I have a few questions as to where Im going to end up if I continue the path I picked. So I will drop into the correct area of this forum and provide the details to some of my,.."what in the hell have I done" issues and maybe even give you guys a good laugh as to how I will get out of it,?? right.? Hey I always tell my customers,.."its nothing your money cant fix ...trust me" OK well there ya have it. Looking forward to having you guys bust my *****. Always fun being the new guy who knows nothing.. LATER GUYS ..thanx...RT PERFORMANCE.