New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

Raising Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Default Raising Corvettes

I have had many performance vehicles over many years. I currently have two SRT-10 Rams ("Viper trucks" - for sale) and am seriously considering a new Vette for this spring (strange I mention spring considering the topic...). Anyhow, I cannot envision not damaging a new Vette if I drive it as much as I would like to. My history with Vettes is to enjoy them by driving them pretty much year-round in Michigan. I know that makes some of ya'll cringe but I do not believe in garage virgins or trailer queens. I buy vehicles to drive and the new 6.2 with Z51 and 6 speed manual sounds like what I want. My first Vette was a '66 w/ 427/425 and I jacked up the rear spring and put washers in on both sides to lift it up. Crude, but it worked. I hope something better is available for new Vettes. I have no clue how to do this so I am asking the forum; "How can I lift a new 2008 up a minimum of a couple inches, front and back?" After getting this answered I will ask about the 6 h.p. option which looks pretty expensive for what you get vs. aftermarket exhaust upgrades. Not sure if I want to order this option. If I do, it would be only the 2nd option I would get on the base model. Z51 being the other.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Raising Corvettes

Welcome to CF!
Got a question for ya.
Why do ya want to raise the stance of a Vette? That would seriously effect the handling in the twisties. I'm sure ya have your reasons, I'm just curious.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:55 AM

I have stated why. I do not want to damage the vehicle. Please!!!! I understand raising affects handling and I care less about twisties than others do. I am a straightline guy. Sitting in a repair shop affects handling, too. I am looking for answers, not questions. thnx!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Sometimes, one must ask questions in order to formulate an answer.
This is the only hint you gave as to why you would raise it,.....

"Anyhow, I cannot envision not damaging a new Vette if I drive it as much as I would like to. My history with Vettes is to enjoy them by driving them pretty much year-round in Michigan."

What damage, from what? Speed bumps, fenderburgs, small dogs?
Oops, I asked another question. Sorry, I'll just go away now.

Good luck!

Old 09-03-2007, 07:27 PM

Okay, can someone on this forum tell me how to raise a Corvette? If not, do you know of a site that has that kind of info? I want at least two inches rise. I know I can get some from tires but that will not be enough to enjoy driving the way I like. My local spring shop could get it up but I do not want to remove new Z51 springs. I want some kind of spacers or different mounting method? Also, I have been part of many forums and am not surprised when people answer questions with questions and then try to justify nonanswers. Too often threads get muddy from supposedly wellmeaning members that do not have squat to say but that does not stop them. I was raised to not answer questions with questions and to not answer at all unless I had the answer. Does anyone here know how to raise a Corvette? If not, please do not say you do not. That is not helpful. thnx!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-03-2007, 08:04 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: Danko

Okay, can someone on this forum tell me how to raise a Corvette? If not, do you know of a site that has that kind of info? I want at least two inches rise. I know I can get some from tires but that will not be enough to enjoy driving the way I like. My local spring shop could get it up but I do not want to remove new Z51 springs. I want some kind of spacers or different mounting method? Also, I have been part of many forums and am not surprised when people answer questions with questions and then try to justify nonanswers. Too often threads get muddy from supposedly wellmeaning members that do not have squat to say but that does not stop them. I was raised to not answer questions with questions and to not answer at all unless I had the answer. Does anyone here know how to raise a Corvette? If not, please do not say you do not. That is not helpful. thnx!
[align=left][/align]
Well, I'm with C3.

How to raise a vette, huh? There's spotting marks under the rocker panels in front of the rear wheels, and behind the front wheels for raising the vehicle.

Oops! I see thatyou mean 'lifting' the suspension. Sorry - you used the word 'raise' in two different meaning there. I can't understand why someone would ask a question, in trying to answer your question.

So you were raised with spacers under your ankles???

Stay with the power goat

Old 09-03-2007, 08:15 PM

I know there are bolts at each wheel that can be used to lower the suspension by simply backing the bolts out a bit. I would imagine the same bolts could be used to "raise" the vehicle by turning them in the opposite direction. And I sorry if I offend you with my attempt to answer your question without being 100% sure of my answer, but you have joined a forum with a extremely friendly group of good people who try to help where they can, even if that means askingexploratoryquestions to then better answer your question.[/align]

Old 09-03-2007, 08:21 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: Danko
"How can I lift a new 2008 up a minimum of a couple inches, front and back?"
[align=left][/align]
Go with a 4" Skyjacker, from 4wheeloffroad.com.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5243/48E2A33E2DE34712A13ED58324F94CDF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-03-2007, 08:37 PM
cwb

RAISE THIS!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/5243/2FEB27DE691542CF8B59F98DD168B99E.jpg[/IMG]

YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Ah Schmidt, cut out the wheel wells and put a set of 42" "Super Swampers" under it, and be done with it, you'll get the lift. Sheesh!
Do a little research, get some cataloges and look it up. Ya want me to do the work on the car too? Of course not! Well then.......

( let's all just be rude and vague, that'll get the answers we want [sm=icon_rofl.gif])

Quick Reply: Raising Corvettes