New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

visions of corvettes dancing in my head

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Default visions of corvettes dancing in my head

Hello all, Although I do not technically own a corvette I do plan on owning one in the near future and I do have a C3 here in the shop that I am preparing for resale. I did contemplate keeping this one but had problems squeezing my 6'2in 220lb *** into a comfortable driving position. This did however please my girlfriend as she got to drive it everywere. I love corvettes but I fear mabey a C3 is not for me. It is a pity since this is very solid and good looking 79. I own a speed shop so as you can imagine I can't get the visions out of my head of the things that I can do to this little gem. The owner is a good repeat customer of mine so mabey we could work a deal on his next project. I would have to somehow change the drivers seat though. My girlfriend loved driving it but heck I'd like to drive it too. We'll see.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: visions of corvettes dancing in my head

Welcome to CF.
Dude, that must be drivin' you nuts to dream and not yet achieve. I tell everone that you don't get in a Vette, you put it on. There are others on this site that have switched out the original C3 seats for newer modles. I'm looking into putting in a racing seat w/headrest that will accommidate a full racing harness.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:50 PM

Thanks. I'm sure there had to be some sort of seat mods that could be done or why not just start from scratch. I also had thought about the custom racing seat but it may not be comfortable enough for the long haul. Shoulder clearance is also an issue but I'm sure there has to be a solution for that as well. Mabey it's supposed to be snug, I don't know. I know I could get this vette at a good deal and that's probably what's driving me nuts.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Snug is a key factor if you want to do any perfomance driving. You must be "one with the car", so to speak. You don't want to be fighting for personal stability while fighting for car stability. It's all in what you want out of your car, a smooth cruiser or a wicked handling road monster. You can get comfort with either. I'm goin' for the latter.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:30 AM

Welcome to the forum. Tell me a bit about that ,79 you are going to sell, will you?

Old 10-05-2006, 01:01 AM

If you are open to other Vette generations beyond the C3 period I think you will find that the C4's and up may have a little more leg room. I'm about 6 ft. and I can't put the seat all the way back in my C5 as I can in my other cars.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

Welcome to the forum. Tell me a bit about that ,79 you are going to sell, will you?
Thanks, and yes Lee I will sell it. The owner is asking 15k for it. If you want more pics pm me and tell me were to send them. There are some minor issues with the car but nothing that cant be fixed easy enough. Issues like the power door locks don't work for some reason and one of the wheel center caps is missing. The A/C needs some attention to but mainly it's missing the belt and it's not wired up but everything is there. Other than that it's a very solid car. I posted a pic, I hope it shows up.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

WOW, that's a beautiful car!!![sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 10-05-2006, 04:39 PM

Yes it is, now you can fully appreciate my dilemma.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Man,....... to have that car around and then watch it go out the door. It would make me sick.[&o]
I wish I could corner it for my wife, she wants a C3 real bad! I've gotten the "Starship" to the point she's afraid to drive it. That's partly my fault, when I'm behind the wheel, I love to make 'er preform. I forget, sometimes, that other people don't react so well to my stockcar method of driving. (open road, open throttle) I really only get my yah, yahs out when I'm alone though. She just wants a stock cruiser.

Quick Reply: visions of corvettes dancing in my head