Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

07 Camaro info?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Default 07 Camaro info?

Anybody kno when their supposed to be out? I've checked em out online but ya can't find any info thru GM. Still looking for my 17 y.o. daughter a car for b-day (18th Jan 3) & I've always loved the camaro...is it too fast for a 17 y.o. girl?

Old 08-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 07 Camaro info?

First check with a dealership, they might be able to help.
Too fast? You know your daughter, how's her head screwed on? Any car will take you fast enough to get major personal damage. ( age doesn't really matter, responsibility does ) My best advice was posted on your post about feeling safe in your Vette vs. the SUV. "Safety... anyone ever feel unsafe"

Old 08-15-2006, 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

First check with a dealership, they might be able to help.
Too fast? You know your daughter, how's her head screwed on? Any car will take you fast enough to get major personal damage. ( age doesn't really matter, responsibility does ) My best advice was posted on your post about feeling safe in your Vette vs. the SUV. "Safety... anyone ever feel unsafe"
I don't mean to be a Negative Nelly here on this one, that's for sure.. but, yeh, there's no way I'da let our son near a rod when he was that age. Too prone to peer pressure to be able to curtail himself when prompted to "light 'em up!!"... and with this kinda power under foot, things happen so fast.... his first car we got him was a inline 6 Mustang.. enough power to get around, but not so much that stuff would happen too fast for him to process and not be able to respond to.

Now, with that being said, maybe your daughter would be less prone to this sorta egging on? That's a judgement call on your end. For us, the fear of that late night phone call was so great, there was just no way we were going to enable that.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Too true Top Speed!!! Very well put!!! Good wisdom there!!!

O6, maybe find out what cars your daughter thinks are "Cool" and take it from there. Who knows, she just might prefer a new V-dub or Hummer III. I understand that you would like to see her in a new Camero, but that's your taste. Balance style with reason.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:59 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Too true Top Speed!!! Very well put!!! Good wisdom there!!!

O6, maybe find out what cars your daughter thinks are "Cool" and take it from there. Who knows, she just might prefer a new V-dub or Hummer III. I understand that you would like to see her in a new Camero, but that's your taste. Balance style with reason.
Ya know, my friend, we struggled with this question ourselves. I mean, maybe we were too careful here on this topic, made it so our son didn't get a chance to enjoy himself as much as he coulda. Maybe we were overprotective. We'll never know now.

At the time he graduated from high school, I had a pretty nice Mustang Cobra GT in the garage. Him and I spent a lot of time tinkering with it and cruising in it together. Had a blast. When it came time for his grad, we talked about letting him use the Cobra for his night out. That conversation was so full of fear on our part, we elected to not allow him to do so.

It's one of those things where you'd never know if you were right, if you know what I mean?

Old 08-15-2006, 04:03 PM

BTW, on topic here, I *believe* I read something recently where the new Camaro wasn't going into production until the 2009 year. I found this snippet on a site:
Be sure to read about the new Camaro concept car unveiled at the 2006 Detroit Auto Show (NAIAS)! Unfortunately there are no plans for a 2006 or 2007 Camaro at this time but check out our FAQ on the possibility of a 2008 or 2009 Camaro.
I could totally be wrong on that, as I am going from memory, but I don't believe we are going to see this car anytime soon unfortunately.

Old 08-15-2006, 04:05 PM

thanks...I think girls are different than boys as far as peer pressure in an auto LOL, I see that on a daily basis on the roads. We'd narrowed it down to Pont G-6 hardtop vert (she likes some imports but hubby wont buy imports) also on her list was crossfire, solstice, sky but they're just to tiny (for us & we are buying). It's a surprise for 18th b-day/graduation combined, something to take her off to college. We had camaros when we were young so we always said if they came back out that's probably what we'd buy, but hubby at this point has done no research so he knows nothing bout the power of it, once he sees that...he might change his mind. What we liked bout the G-6 is that it's AMERICAN made, safety...(5* rating), it weighs 4,600 lbs & were of that "bigger better mentality". So who knows, it appears the camaro wont be out tho til after we need it (1/3)...AGAIN thanks!

Old 08-15-2006, 04:10 PM

Those Pontiac G-6's are a beautiful car. I have heard nothing but great things about them. I really think that's a great idea, myself!

BTW, I like the way yer hubby thinks about cars. I think the exact same way.

The Crossfire is a real nice car, too. Mercedes underpinnings. That thing is a real barn burner, for a non V8 car.

Old 08-15-2006, 04:11 PM

what's a "V-dub"? I liked the H-3 she said yuck

Old 08-15-2006, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: 06 Vette

what's a "V-dub"? I liked the H-3 she said yuck
Volkswagen. I think they have a new GTI model out this year.. hmm, I know very little about the dubs myself..... I don't think this is going to be an avenue of interest for you guys, considering.....

H-3 is a glorified Tahoe these days. Very useful and cool, sure, but it's not the same thing as the older Hummers at all.

Quick Reply: 07 Camaro info?