Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

2 months!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 05:48 AM
Default RE: 2 months!!!!!!!!

Winter sucks, but atleast you got to tool around in a bob cat type vehicle.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Had the roof down for a bit over the weekend! It was AMAZING! There was a bright, colorful, orb in the sky that everyone was pointing at with a confused look on their collective faces.....
I'm jealous, thats something I won't be able to do for a few more months.
Nothing to be jealous about, my good friend.... it lasted all of 2 hours and now has reverted back to the dark, rainy, durned cold weather that we've been having all winter. [:'(]

I'd move in with Dave, but he gets snow, too. Time to check property values in Costa Rica, methinks!

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

ORIGINAL: riley

Oh yeah? Well I went over and took the cover partially off and sat in mine last weekend. So there!
I hooked up the battery, and sat and listened to the radio. No engine or tranny, but the thrill is still there!!!

I love my Vette, I love my Vette, I love my Vette........[sm=icon_rock.gif]
I love your posts.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

"I'd move in with Dave, but he gets snow, too. Time to check property values in Costa Rica, methinks! "

Not this year Bro. [&o]
Cold and windy!!! [:@]
I don't mind the cold so much, but this wind really sucks!!! [:'(]

Old 02-22-2007, 11:09 AM

Driving home from work Tuesday the sun was shining and the snow was melting. The melting snow mixes with the salt and sand residue on the roads and makes an evil, metal eating ooze that covers your car. As I turned out onto the highway with my truck, a black C5 passed me. I was, of course, envious that this guy was out driving his vette on a sunny afternoon. I was also horrified that this beautiful vette was getting encased in this car destroying liquid. I watched with both envy and disgust for about 5 miles. Then he was out of sight.

I went over and took a picture of mine last night. Sorry about the blurriness, I used my phone. The box on the floor with the green light is the battery tender.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3190/763DEEB1BF4C4C5CBC56C1BE0901390D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-22-2007, 03:31 PM

"I'd move in with Dave, but he gets snow, too. Time to check property values in Costa Rica, methinks! "

Not this year Bro. [&o]
Cold and windy!!! [:@]
I don't mind the cold so much, but this wind really sucks!!! [:'(]
I have never made a good penguin, bro. Costa Rica has nice, warm, tropical temperatures, year round. And snakes and spiders.

I hate snakes.

Driving home from work Tuesday the sun was shining and the snow was melting. The melting snow mixes with the salt and sand residue on the roads and makes an evil, metal eating ooze that covers your car. As I turned out onto the highway with my truck, a black C5 passed me. I was, of course, envious that this guy was out driving his vette on a sunny afternoon. I was also horrified that this beautiful vette was getting encased in this car destroying liquid. I watched with both envy and disgust for about 5 miles. Then he was out of sight.
Man, I totally hear you there, my friend. This year, we had a few days where they were droppin' this stuff, too. I tried to mostly take my wife's Dodge R/T those days, but did have to drive one day here... got our baby coated in that salt stuff they use. I rinsed. And rinsed. And then we had a downpour like nothin' you've seen before. That was one of those times I was beyond thrilled to be driving in what amounted to shallow lakes here. I am sure that drive rinsed more stuff off the bottomside of our car, than any hose-work I did previously.

God, I hope our car doesn't turn into a pile of rust next year from all this activity.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

I've seen 4 C6's in the last week. I'm with you Riley, envy , and discust [:@]!
Today, a guy that knows I'm into Vettes, asks me, "would you put tire chains on a Vette?" I replied,"I don't reccomend it, there isn't enough clearance in the wheel well opening." "So, you would use studded snow tires then?", he remarked.
To which I responded, "If I have to chain up my Vette, our put studded tires on 'er, I don't need to go."

Old 02-22-2007, 11:52 PM

I went over and took a picture of mine last night. Sorry about the blurriness, I used my phone. The box on the floor with the green light is the battery tender.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3190/763DEEB1BF4C4C5CBC56C1BE0901390D.jpg[/IMG]
I have been driving mine because Colorado doesn't use salt on our roads.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:17 AM

..."If I have to chain up my Vette, or put studded tires on 'er, I don't need to go."
[sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif]

Old 02-27-2007, 02:28 PM

I've seen 4 C6's in the last week. I'm with you Riley, envy , and discust [:@]!
Today, a guy that knows I'm into Vettes, asks me, "would you put tire chains on a Vette?" I replied,"I don't reccomend it, there isn't enough clearance in the wheel well opening." "So, you would use studded snow tires then?", he remarked.
To which I responded, "If I have to chain up my Vette, our put studded tires on 'er, I don't need to go."
I draw the line, there, too. Rather walk than do that, myself.