Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

9-11-01/07

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default 9-11-01/07

Never Forget The Heros and Victems of 9/11/01.

God Bless America!!

New York Washington Pennsylvania

[IMG]local://upfiles/2713/AAA03995F91B40C28AB51E0F2DE3A2CE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2713/4FF53D57544E40BFAD0329B420B4C1AD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Default RE: 9-11-01/07

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Never Forget The Heros and Victems of 9/11/01.

God Bless America!!

New York Washington Pennsylvania

[IMG]local://upfiles/2713/AAA03995F91B40C28AB51E0F2DE3A2CE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2713/4FF53D57544E40BFAD0329B420B4C1AD.jpg[/IMG]
GREAT POST, GEORGE!
THANK YOU FOR BEING SO THOUGHTFUL.

WE MUST NEVER FORGET AND CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THE VICTIMS,THEIR FAMILIES AND ALL THE BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN FIGHTING THE FIGHT FOR ALL OF US.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:18 AM

so true NEVER FORGET!!!

Old 09-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

......and let's not forget, we're all victoms of 9/11. Make those prayersfor us all.
Directsome, for thosewho are now in harms way, on our behalf. May God bless them all!

Old 09-13-2007, 08:22 PM
cwb

Yeah... too bad. Things like that happen when you globalize. Open doors, open trade (nafta, gatt, cafta, ftaa, etc.,...). Jobs go away, foreigners walk in.

From something I submitted to some op-ed's, SEVERAL MONTHS BEFORE THE 'WAR' STARTED:

I’ve just heard another person say [he’s] glad our troops are defending our freedom.

Our troops? They ARE Americans, but…

I don’t know if they’re our troops or not. Bill Clinton signed PDD 25 during his first administration, giving command of OUR American troops, to the UN. Not NATO, but the UN. This is an abridgement of the Constitution of the United States of America. Some US soldiers are facing courts martial for refusing to submit to these foreign commanders too. But that’s another issue.

Defending our freedom? Who is trying to take away our freedom? Saddam Hussein? bin-Laden? I don’t think so. Let us say for the sake of an argument that Hussein had a dozen or so nuclear- or biological agent- tipped ICBMs that he could have launched at the U. S. We have satellites in orbit that can see an ICBM light up in a silo even before it leaves the dirt. We also have surface to air, and air to air defense capabilities to thwart any such action.

Regardless of how evil he might have been, he wasn’t such a fool that he would have attempted such foolishness, having incurred the wrath of [restrained] military action 10 years before. In fact, leaders of no nation would attack the U. S. Only stateless terrorists
would conduct such acts without fear of reprisal. So why are our troops overseas? Let’s call their purpose ‘the war on terror’. Well, that argument doesn’t hold water either.

And here’s why.

When we get a cold, over 99% of the time it is from a bacteria or virus that we have had in our system for months, if not years. This is called a ‘sub-clinical infection’ - so called because the infection did not cause a problem. When it does get to the point that our body cannot keep it in check, it becomes a ‘clinical’ infection. When we get sick (09/11/01), we don’t extract our bodies’ defense mechanisms to sterilize our environment. We take medicine.

The ‘world body’ is full of these terrorist pathogens. They will be with us until the end of time. A wise man named Gamaliel once told persecutors of Christians that if a cause is of men, the cause will die when the men die. If a cause is spiritual, it will NOT die when the men-leaders die, like Saddam, or bin-Laden. A spiritual cause can’t be pacified with money, or any material thing, either.

So why are our troops trying to destroy something that will never go away? For humanitarian reasons? No. No politician does anything unless there’s something in it for him. Like money.

Our defense contractors want new contracts. They, and the ripple effects they create when they are awarded new contracts, are a driving force on Wall Street. And most of us don’t live on Wall Street. If your money does live there, you still will not get returns on your investment dollars equal to what you’ve paid in taxes, that are being spent on the war on terror. But to a few contractors, that means all the old weapons will be used up. Unfortunately, a few troops get used up with them. In Washington, that doesn’t matter. There are more politicians than doctors.

Let’s bring the troops home, and stop spending those tax dollars. And take our medicine, too.

Solution??? Isolationism. I've said it for many years... Then, the other night, I saw it was written 3,000 years ago (present application in brackets)...

Therefore he [the leader]said unto Judah [the colonists], Let us build these cities [America], and make about them walls, and towers, gates, and bars, while the land is yet before us [all the way to the Pacific]; because we have sought the LORD our God, we have sought him, and he hath given us rest [peace/security]on every side. So they built and prospered.

II Chronicles, chap 14 v 7

Old 09-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

You double posted cwb, but I'll let it slide, this time. I really should delete one of them.
I respect your right to your opinion, let's just not turn it into a debate. O.K.?

Old 09-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a picture of my cousin COL. Edward Daly(54) and my Daughter PVT/medic Catherine E. Barrow(19). The Col. was herCO for basic at Ft. Leonardwood, MO. Small world. COL. Daly is now in Afghanistan fighting the talaban and PVT. Barrow is in Iraq treating the wounded.

And another of my cousin Michael Daly M.P. Sgt. in Iraq as well.

So I say God bless OUR soldiers.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2713/7BD9E1E5BC294F218A11CDD275B33FC5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2713/BFA26AACF3B84F1BB88747212832356E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

You must be very proud of your family.
My hat's off, to all those who serve. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 09-14-2007, 10:18 AM

I have a daughter and a niece in the Air Force, they're both stationed in Alaska, andalthough they have not been sent to Iraq or Afghanistan, yet, I'm still proud of them none the less. They enlistedknowing full well that it was highly probable they would have to go and be a part of the war first hand.

Blueshark, Please be sure to tell your daughter and cousins how proud we are of them, that we admire there courage, and that they, and all of OUR troops, are in our hearts, minds, and prayers.[sm=patriot.gif]

Old 09-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Yup, I'm very proud of them. My family like many, many others in this great country of ours, has a long history of service to their country, dating back to Ft. William Henry and Ticondaroga in the French and Indian war before the Revolution. Again, like many others, my Father and several Uncles gave their lives in service to this great country.

I'll be sure to tell them of our pride and prayers. Thank you.

May God bless ALL ofOUR Service Men and Women, where ever they serve.