Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Black Box For Your Car (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/black-box-your-car-2765/)

k_corvette22 08-23-2006 09:29 PM

RE: Black Box For Your Car

This is absolutely absurd!
The only way they can pull this off is if they catch us not paying attention.....................everyone please follow this and make sure your congressman knows how you feel on this issue. I have had enough of this crap and I'm sick of this dadgum "patriot act", its crap people, they just want to pry into your life................AND CONTROL YOU!!!
Yet one more step towards a police state, too many more and we wont be able to turn back.............................

C3 Starship 08-23-2006 11:13 PM

For anyone that hasn't yet read the article, 91% of the people who voted in the AOL poll are agaist this proposal. That's 91% of over 33,000 people. Be sure and click where pay2play has indicated "click here" in his original post.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

06 Vette 08-24-2006 01:07 AM

ok starship, point taken.......truce?

blueshark 08-24-2006 02:59 AM

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Amendment II

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Bring it on!!! as soon as it happens somebody will market a way to bypass it anyway.

Amendment IV

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Amendment IX

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

C3 Starship 08-24-2006 11:07 AM

You got it, 06!
Cease fire recognized! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

C3 Starship 08-24-2006 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Amendment II

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Bring it on!!! as soon as it happens somebody will market a way to bypass it anyway.

Amendment IV

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Amendment IX

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

HERE, HERE!!![sm=icon_rock.gif] Glad to see another supporter of our constitution. I can't really add a thing! You've brought up the best defence against the issue. Cheers, Dude!!![sm=icon_cheers.gif] (from a life time member of the NRA, and a supporter of FREEDOM) [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

TopSpeed 08-30-2006 09:35 PM

Holy Toledo, I missed this thread since I last posted!!!

I read your post carefully '06 and I see whatcher gettin' at there, but herein lies the problem... automated systems like this cannot differentiate between a kid street racin' at break neck speed and someone who has lapsed temporarily and gone over the posted limit. I deal with technology, and have been, for over 25 years and I can tell you from direct experience the whole "Let me help you with that" method of applying problem-solving works for 90% of the situations, but it's that 10% that is the concern...

I used to work with a guy who wrote a lot of the code for our Canadian train traffic systems up here. I think it was CN. Anyways, they were tasked with creating a completely fault-tolerant system that produced no nasty side effects, for instance, accidentally "computing" something and sending a train off the tracks. Loss of life and money stuff.

Well, they spent thousands of man-years creating this system, and yep, it works pretty good, by and large. But TOTALLY fault tolerant? He would never say that publically.

So, if a HUGE railroad company spends millions of dollars on a system like that, that does work fairly well, but NOT perfect... I dunno, I have no trust myself in these computer systems and I WRITE CODE for a living!!!

If one person is incorrectly persecuted for their actions because of a stupid system like this, just ONE person... I say the system is a total failure. Not to even begin to mention the bigger picture of a breach of the constitution like mentioned above by the other posters.

This entire notion is a dream of insurance companies, make no mistake about it. It's a way to make it so they do not have to follow through on promises delivered when they took your money and promised you coverage in return.

Yet another example of big corporate entities tryin' to royally screw us over.