Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Bullitt Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Bullitt Mustang

A friend had a Shelby, '70 500 as I remember, with a 429 and dual quads. Not a bad car, but my '70 440 6-pac Road Runner blew his doors off. I've always look at "Stangs" as a "Fad" car.
Remember the Mustang II? [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 12-13-2007, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

I know,,,,Most new cars a crappy. I'd like to have the original "Bullet" mustang, It was no slouch like the newer ones. My favorite is a '68 Shelby Fast back or ragtop and a '69 boss 429 Mach 1. I guess they tried to return to those lines but their attempt was lame. Although not as lame as their attempt at the "T-bird"........UUUUUUUGGGLLLYYY!

Cheers, Sissy girl
Well, George, or should I call you Mr Ride Of The Month -
Any ride you owned had to becool or I am sure you made it cool.
[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 12-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

A friend had a Shelby, '70 500 as I remember, with a 429 and dual quads. Not a bad car, but my '70 440 6-pac Road Runner blew his doors off. I've always look at "Stangs" as a "Fad" car.
Remember the Mustang II? [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Hey!...I have a story like that too. A buddy of mine had a '70 roadchicken witha 383 Mag. I loved that carbut my '70 torino with a 429 blew his doors off every time.Yup, a long time "Fad" just like the camaro.

And I agree about the late '70's Mustang II's. same way I feel about the late '70's Volare' roadrunnersLOL![sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 12-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: rjensen

I know,,,,Most new cars a crappy. I'd like to have the original "Bullet" mustang, It was no slouch like the newer ones. My favorite is a '68 Shelby Fast back or ragtop and a '69 boss 429 Mach 1. I guess they tried to return to those lines but their attempt was lame. Although not as lame as their attempt at the "T-bird"........UUUUUUUGGGLLLYYY!

Cheers, Sissy girl
Well, George, or should I call you Mr Ride Of The Month -
Any ride you owned had to becool or I am sure you made it cool.
[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Coolest car I ever had was a built '72 Caddy Eldorado. Now that ghetto cruisin' land yacht was some kinda cool. With a punched and milled502cid it would burn the front tires right off. Fogged out a lot of redlights in that one. "The Pimp ride".

Old 12-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

"Yup, a long time "Fad" just like the camaro."

But the Camaro is a "Chevy"! [sm=hail.gif]

Old 12-14-2007, 11:49 AM

"ghetto cruisin' land yacht " [sm=icon_rofl.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 12-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Yeh.....And?......

Old 12-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: rjensen

"ghetto cruisin' land yacht " [sm=icon_rofl.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Yup, Full blown Ghetto cruiser! Better than any Mustang at the time. Blood red with a white leather landau half top and white leather interior. I had it when I was 20 years old until I was 24 and I was managing thehottest night club in Gainesville Florida. Every Sunday morning(4am), after we closed the club, me and all the bartenders and waitresses would load up and run to the beach. FUN! FUN! FUN! Free bug juice from the club,......at the beach with a bunch of 20 something hotties,.....What a life that was.....If only my memory wasn't going, LOL!

Old 12-14-2007, 01:55 PM
ljg

Cheers, Sissy girl
I'm with ya on the T-Bird. All show, no go! (And it still dosen't have much show.)

Old 12-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Yeh.....And?......
That says it all Bro,.....
Chevy, the only way to fly!
Ya can't even put the "Stang" and the Vette in the same catagory.
Chevy still has the Vette, what happened to the Shelby Cobra?, they turned it into a "Stang". And the other one,...uh,...."schmidt", I can't even remember what it was called,....uh,.....it was the rear engine job,......uh,......? Well I guess they just weren't very popular. I don't wonder why, they weren't Chevys.

If they made a 3/4 ton 4 x 4 Corvette pickup, I'd drop my F-250for a "Heartbeat".

Quick Reply: Bullitt Mustang