Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Corvette For...ummm

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Default RE: Corvette For...ummm

I'm registered there as well. I rarely post there and don't keep up with the forums. However, if I'm looking for answers to technical questions I will search there as well as here and other places (ls1.com, etc...).

The forum traffic there is high. But the actual content can be pretty low. Someone will put up a post and then 100 other people will post a "me too" or a "BS" message. Then the whole thread turns into a flame war.

All in all it's a fairly good resource for answers if you have the patience to wade through the mud. I would still call this forum home though.

I did not contribute $ to that forum specifically because they require it for some features. I understand that it takes money to keep a web site up and running. But it doesn't seem right to requiring cash for a web site when all of the content is user donated. I did donate to this forum because it is completely voluntary, the people here are very nice and the admins are top notch.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:45 PM

It was a natural choice for me to join this site, because as a Mustang owner I was a member of our sister site MustangForums.com and really enjoyed my 2 years there. I am also a member of another Vette forum and recently they have been a lot of new members that have abandoned CorvetteForum.com because of the rude people there. It is definitely a high traffic site, but they are losing a high number of member on a daily basis that have become fed up with their crap. As long as I am a Vette enthusiast this will be my number 1 forum site.

ALL HAIL CORVETTEFORUMS.COM[sm=groupwave.gif][/align]

Old 10-23-2007, 01:28 PM
cwb

Anybody noticed the hit count onsome oldthreads in particular here??? Veeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting..........

I postedsome links in CF wannabe, to somethreads over here,and started watchin' the hit count.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:20 PM
cwb

EDIT: Iposted hastily. Some forums have a 'This thread has been moved to...' link.

Way to make a fool of yerself there cwb...

Well, I just noticed my 3 stooges post disappeared.

Looked like it was pretty cool, judgin' by the number of hits, but I guess the 2 negative replies (by guess who) put the death knell on the thread.

Good job.

Too bad we couldn't get the thread removed that had the 4-letter word in post #1..

Looks also like if I do another how-to with pics (which probably ain't much help anyway, judgin' by the number of THOSE hits), and someoneposts a gripe, THE POST WILL GET DELETED???

GOOD JOB.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 10-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

"Too bad we couldn't get the thread removed that had the 4-letter word in post #1.. "

Well, ya see, it's like this.
If complaints are made toward a post or a member, then the mods and admin look into the matter and make a decision.
If we are not notified of an offensive post, we can not act unless we just stumble upon it. Everyone should feel free to contact any Corvette Forums mod or admin , if they feel something is inappropriate. We can't be everywhere and appreciate any tips.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:19 AM

[align=left]I guess we must be talking about post #1 on their site. The only offensive 4 letter word I used in my original pot stirring post was work!!![/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 10-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Banned

They are a bunch of jerk offs over there. Speak your mind and you will be sent to Siberia for having an opinion. I was banned from there and I gave them my money too - I was a supporting member.

No - they have alienated a bunch of valuable members who will not go back.

They are also over-populated with a bunch of self righhteous super-heroes who think that they are knowledgeable. For the most part, these superheroes post a lot of misinformation and are a major PITA.

So - if you go "over there" BEWARE! They do not play nice.

This is a MUCH BETTER place to be.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Banned

HAPPY BOIT-DAY !!!

Q. Didn't you go to school stupid?

A. Soitanly - I come out da same way!

Gotta love dem Stooges!

[sm=massbounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 10-30-2007, 08:13 PM

So who is this 'Angel of death that was spoken of ina previous post? Don't really want to sign on to a forum headed by a man of that title... he might findout where I live and smite me... or put mothballs in my gas tank...