Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Ducks

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Default Ducks

Any of you guys like to hunt?

This video was taken on my wife's, boss man's farm, about 15 miles from here, just outside a little town called Boston Ga.

I've never seen so many wild ducks around here in one spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h22AU381Bo

Old 10-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Ducks

[sm=hiya.gif]I do!
Just point up in the air, pull the trigger, and take home your limit,
........with one shot.
I live in the "Pacific Fly Way". Lot's of game birds, we see a lot of "flockin'" ducks and geese.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:14 AM
cwb

I put a 10-pointer on the wall 3 years ago.

He's a beta buck.

I tell buddies to hold the trigger till the shooter is almost out of range, cause there's often a bigger alpha animal watchin' where the beta can get away with goin', and not get hit. This guy disappeared for 10 minutes, and I was gettin' a sick feelin'.He re-appeared, and I decided practicin', and preachin'stuff wasn'timportant right then. It was just a temporary thing, since I had converted to Quaker anyway (I was shakin' like one anyway).

So I dropped him.Seein' the muzzle flash through the scope cause you held your eyes on target is a deee-light!

And speakin' of hardware, has anybody ever heard of a 9 mm semiautomatic rifle??? (I'm not talkin' about a tec-9, or a mac-10 either, which are machine pistols). They keep sayin' that on the news, and they just can't get it right.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

I got a nice big buck about three years ago. I could only see one side of his rack in the ditch he landed in and it had 6 points. My weapon of choice was a 1989 Crown Vic movin' at about 60mph. Too bad it's a single shot. Rounds are expensive.

As for the ducks. Wait for them to land and pic them off with a .22. Less lead to dig out. Just don't get caught, LOL!

Old 10-12-2007, 10:20 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: blueshark

As for the ducks. Wait for them to land and pic them off with a .22. Less lead to dig out. Just don't get caught, LOL!
Yup! Much easier than flossin' after dinner, to try to get out the #8 bird shot.Keeps yer dentist happy too...

Old 10-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Use a 12 ga. slug on them ducks,
and ya don't have ta worry 'bout cleanin' 'em.
( and now they're bite size, Duck McNuggets)

Old 10-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Duck McNuggets??.......I wonder if the Codester would like them??.......poor duck... losin' their nuggets.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:18 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Use a 12 ga. slug on them ducks,
and ya don't have ta worry 'bout cleanin' 'em.
( and now they're bite size, Duck McNuggets)
NAH ya' ain't gotta' worry about cleanin' 'em... Ya' gotta' worry about findin' 'em.

DuckMcNuggets, huh? Yeah - ducks with a slugUh-huh! Ground chuck. I mean ground duck. Ya' know - duckburger!

Old 10-14-2007, 07:30 PM
cwb

Uh HUH!

I saw fresh groceries tonight on the way to PM service. Pretty thick steak-pointer. Had 6 points too. I stopped and blew a couple of times at 'im and his haram. He was unfazed, cause he couldn't tell I was hungry. What a pimp! I can see 'im with mash 'taters 'n' gravy right now.[sm=drooldude.gif][sm=drooldude.gif][sm=drooldude.gif]