Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

This Forum is so DEAD

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Default This Forum is so DEAD

I don't know why but there are a total of like 6 people that actually participate in this forum.... Nate and c3starship are two of the most active people here.On Corvetteforum.com i post something and it gets like 200 hits and 5 replies in a day. Hell i put the story about me racing a Gallardo on there and it had 13 replies and 400 views in 2 days before it got shut down. Corvetteforum.com does not like street racing and Corvetteforums.com does... that is why i would rather post on here, but the lack of effort the members put into the site makes it hard to sell a car on here so i have to try elsewhere. Am i wrong for saying this, because it is unfortunately the truth.[&:]

Old 07-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Administrator
Default RE: This Forum is so DEAD

this site is substantially newer than corvetteforum, and we have been battling some software issues that have slowed the traffic a bit.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Hey RodgerZ06,
Let me address a couple of issues here,.....
Yes, we do have a sub forum reguarding racing, but if you were to poll our members, you would find that the majority are against street racing.
Sure, we have all prob done it at one time, but as we have grown to mature, we are not for it.
As far as member activity,....
I can mention several members that really are more active than I at this time. pg, schoon, 73shark, blueshark, Texas jim, Wedge, mech259, and the list goes quite further. I apologize for not naming everyone that is active, but I am just trying to give examples. The list does go on, and on.

As Patrick V2 stated, we are having some software issues at this time, but we are hanging together and will tough it out. We will survive this interuption and be all the stronger for it.
Yes, we are a relatively new forum, but we have a great bunch here. If we don't have an answer right away, I'll bet cha they are lookin' up the solution.

I have made some sincere and good friendsfrom my contacts. We all love our Vettes and appreciate the comeradery that has developed.
Evin'fah cain't spel wert "Schmidt". [&:]
No offence please, just stating my personal observance.

Can't sell your Vette? Hmmmm,.....think that just maybe, that is not supposed to happen at this time? There is a place and a time for everything.

Y'all take care now, see ya 'round. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 07-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Location: Millbrook,Alabama....Slap dab in the middle of God's Country

Both forums have good and not so good points. I find myself spending most of my time here, maybe not as big as the other guys. but they seem a lot closer. I have never seen a problem go unadressed, and a WHOLE lot less bickering.
Just my $.02

[IMG]local://upfiles/6342/0A205B22CC354BDEB64A24BB9AD2E2B1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-01-2008, 11:03 PM

Guys, and C4 Starship I apologize if I come off the wrong way. I am just saying that i like the setup of this forum, and the potential of it too. I LIKE the fact that we can talk about street racing in the forum. All I am trying to say is that i am disappointed because this is the "hottest" Thread right now on this website. There is little activity and the only activity is the "newbie greeting" or when someone post something outrageous in their subject... like me. If in 2 months this forum was kicking like the other corvette forum I would be very happy.[sm=smiley31.gif] Also I am selling my 2002 Electron Blue Z06 for 23,000 with the stock parts and 25,000 with the bolt ons, tv, and rims. I just bought a 2001 speedway white Z06 that is wrecked and i need to fix it with the extra money, and build the engine in my Rx7 to be stupid fast [sm=gears.gif]

If all the threads on here got the attention that this thread got, Corvetteforums.com would be very active. Oh and if you know anyone who wants to steal my Z06 then pm me because i check this very often.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:19 AM

C'mon man... hottest thread? Are we bloviating here? (sorry Dave... couldn't resist) If 31 hits and 4...oops now 5 replies constitutes hottest thread we are in big trouble. I am a member of both sites... been here longer, and this is the one I go to first. No pretences here... just people trying to help, with no attitude, no bickering. The reason I haven't been too active of late... I HAVE BEEN DRIVING MY VETTE, WASTING UNTOLD AMOUNTS OF PREMIMUM NATURAL RESOURCES!!!

Later...
Wedge
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

C4 Starship? [sm=yikesomg.gif]
Sorry, never happen.

Less activity = better running Vetts.
But when there is a prob, we're on it. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

( Rest assured RogerZo6, no offence taken. )

Old 07-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

If it sucks so bad why are you hangin' around? We like it here.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:25 PM

Like many other things in life, this site ebbs and flows. Myself, I have been puttin' in my share of hours at work plus teaching one night a week at the local community college. I check in once or twice a day to see what I might add in the way of help if someone is having a problem but I typically don't start a thread. Come winter time things get a little more busy here 'cause we're not driving our cars. This is a great site, most members are polite, helpful and sincere, I ain't goin' nowhere.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:54 PM

Hey guys... we better watch out. If we keep responding to 'ol Rogers post... it just might become as hot as he thinks it is!!!
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: This Forum is so DEAD