Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!
View Poll Results: A poll
-25 years old
21.05%
25-34 years old
21.05%
35-44 years old
28.95%
45-54 years old
15.79%
55-64 years old
7.89%
65- and up
5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

How old are we?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Default RE: How old are we?

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

21 college student, I work at compUSSR. I had an 02 mustang in highschool and I really like American cars, I now have an 02 c5 that is supercharged. I got really lucky to get my car at what I did, it wasn't really much of a mission. I just searched online, found one that I liked in the area and went down to the dealership. The car was not advertised as superchared because they did not want everybody and their brother comming down to test drive the vette. I went rounds with the dealership and talked them down to $26,250; the vette has 28,000 odd miles on it. The only thing I could ever think of trading my vette in for would be a decked out, low miles 98 twin turbo Toyota Supra wide body.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2638/7FB608D4AB024848A632238C03B385BB.jpg[/IMG]
Duuude, what a wicked 'Vette you've got!!! [8D] I have always really loved a small block Chev with a huffer... back in the ol' days it was the ol' Dyers 6-71 that stuck right outta the hood... today, they can hide 'em under the hood like that. Sweet!

I am real impressed to see young folks like yourself carrying on the tradition of fine American hot rods. So many young people these days are into the import scene and that's OK and all that... just none of 'em pack the mighty Chev small block so it ain't my cup of tea.... you got a screamin' deal on that beast.....

Those twin turbo Supra's you mention can really kick up some dust workin' their way down the track... I have seen those things (next door we have a tuner shop) pull over 450+hp at the rear wheels... Viper eater, from what I heard.... that's a nice car, too, but I have to admit your 'Vette is the BOMB!

Thanks for taking the time to share your story here! I really enjoyed it.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:19 AM

I'm a 42 y.o. female with 3 daughters (17,8,6) believe it or not...all by the same marriage! Yep that's the 1st question I get cuz of age difference. Never drove a vette til AFTER I got mine, never wanted one growing up either, that was always my sisters dream. I hit 40 got my last baby in school & hubby asked me what one thing would I like & a vette is what I came up with. Originally looked at used, hubby's strange tho & wont buy a used car doesn't want somebody elses problems hehe. Thought bout an 04 new on lot til I saw commercial of 05 which aired during Olympics, then was pulled due to the content (kid dreaming of driving a vette). THAT'S when I knew I wanted the new body style...on order for 14 mos & hubby surprised me with 06. LOVE IT tho haven't been able to drive it much with school out.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: 06 Vette

I'm a 42 y.o. female with 3 daughters (17,8,6) believe it or not...all by the same marriage! Yep that's the 1st question I get cuz of age difference. Never drove a vette til AFTER I got mine, never wanted one growing up either, that was always my sisters dream. I hit 40 got my last baby in school & hubby asked me what one thing would I like & a vette is what I came up with. Originally looked at used, hubby's strange tho & wont buy a used car doesn't want somebody elses problems hehe. Thought bout an 04 new on lot til I saw commercial of 05 which aired during Olympics, then was pulled due to the content (kid dreaming of driving a vette). THAT'S when I knew I wanted the new body style...on order for 14 mos & hubby surprised me with 06. LOVE IT tho haven't been able to drive it much with school out.
Well, we're definately in the most common age group here... you had to wait 14 months for your car?!?!? 14 months??!?!?! My wife woulda left me... you shoulda seen the hootin' an' hollerin' goin' on just waitin' 6 bloody days to take delivery of ours!! There was even one day where she was PRAYIN' we'd take delivery of it, almost phoned up the dealership and pleaded with 'em, just to get me to settle down! So, I really admire your fortitude for waitin' like that.

What a gorgeous car you have! Beautiful. Great color combination, too. Thanks so much for sharin' your story with us here! I think that's way cool.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:49 PM

yep 14 mos we happen to catch it during the period of time when they were having a problem with the power tops, they had recalled all the ones already produced & weren't taking orders til they got the problem corrected. I was in constant contact with dealer & weekly emails to GM. I was beginning to wonder if we'd ever get it. Oh I could have found them here & there at dealers but not in my color combination choice. Also could have bought an 05 with $10K tacked on just cuz they were new...but we waited & got ours fleet with $5K off.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: 06 Vette

yep 14 mos we happen to catch it during the period of time when they were having a problem with the power tops, they had recalled all the ones already produced & weren't taking orders til they got the problem corrected. I was in constant contact with dealer & weekly emails to GM. I was beginning to wonder if we'd ever get it. Oh I could have found them here & there at dealers but not in my color combination choice. Also could have bought an 05 with $10K tacked on just cuz they were new...but we waited & got ours fleet with $5K off.
Wow, I am just blown away at your patience! I'da been poppin' Valium, or somesuch mechanism to settle down. I was tellin' Mrs. TopSpeed 'bout yer car and yer story this weekend... she thought that was pretty neat, but she also said if that was us... I'da had to gotten a hotel room for 14 months.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

This should be posted under Kill Stories, LOL!!!
You stole the guys car!!![sm=jawdrop.gif]

Old 08-14-2006, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

This should be posted under Kill Stories, LOL!!!
You stole the guys car!!![sm=jawdrop.gif]
Bwaaaaaahahahaha!! No kidding, eh? WHAT a STORY!!! Yeh, some dude is left standin' there wonderin' "What the hell just happened THERE?" Nice catch, my friend, and thanks kindly for sharing your story with us!

Old 08-24-2006, 05:53 PM

Can't believe there are only two of us in the 65 and up. This is sad, I had to look back to make sure it said "and up". Been driving these babies since I was a "sweet young thang", and will continue as long as I can hold on to the wheel. Keep up the tradition.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: CORVETTE LADY

Can't believe there are only two of us in the 65 and up. This is sad, I had to look back to make sure it said "and up". Been driving these babies since I was a "sweet young thang", and will continue as long as I can hold on to the wheel. Keep up the tradition.
They're gonna bury me in mine. [8D]Dig a trench, stick me in the Vette, and drop 'er in.

I love that you've been motorin' in Vettes since you were young. That's the way to carry on a FINE tradition!

Old 08-24-2006, 09:01 PM

31 years young here, No great stories like some of you have. I inherited mine from my mother who didnt take the best of care. So now I have been slowly restoring it, I started off with new rims and tires, then new bilstein shocks and struts, then on to new accesories, alt. rack and pinion, power steering pump, A/C compressor, then on to the bigger stuff, pulled heads got them ported, new valvetrain, 1.6 RR, and now it looks like I have more problems which just arose about 2 min. ago (my friend who works on my cars with me is taking it apart right now) . Well it looks as though my mother or stepdad put some g8d d*mn aluma seal in it...... Which means i'm now looking at a whole new cooling system...... Will this ever end???? I think i'm seriously just going to rebuild this thing. damn it [sm=headbang.gif]..... ohh and my tranny is slipping too. I think it's going to catch on fire by accident.

Quick Reply: How old are we?