Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

I hope it was a deal...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Default I hope it was a deal...

Hey everyone, i am new to this fourm and this is my first post! I used to be on the Nissan 300zx fourms but got tired of the Japanese hardware BREAKING, so i sold my Z car and went car shopping. I just bought my first corvette this past Saturday and its a white 1985 corvette. The story behind this corvette is as follows: The woman that i bought it from recieved it from her brother after he passed away along with a few other items. It is an automatic, has 130,xxx miles on the body, and less than 10,000 miles on the new engine and transmission(varified by paper work). The Corvette seems to have originally been silver but was at some time during the ownership of the man who owned it before me painted white with lots of pearl because the original paint peeled off. The interior is black with black leather seats.

Why i hope this is a good deal is because it has a few blemishes. To start, the paint has about a place the size of a half dollar where the white paint is gone near the back glass.(That is how I knew the car was originally silver) The corvette also has a line of chips in the paint where the hood and front bumper meet, and that is all for the exterior. Now the other problems that remain are: the air conditioning doesnt work(no freon), driver's side seat doesn't move around(the electric seat stuff doesn't function), and a door panel is off where the last owner replaced a window motor.

The woman started the price at $3,500, but because money talks, I got it for $2,800. And let me state that i am a FORD guy(I got a 1972 Pinto Drag Car with a 351W, and I also have a 1996 SHO Taurus), but a Corvette is a Corvette. Given all the information, do you all think I made a good deal on this buy and do you all think I can get my money out of it if I need to.

p.s: I would post pics but i currently go to NCSU and didnt have any time this weekend to take pics before i had to come back to school.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I hope it was a deal...

Welcome to CF!
If it runs, ya got a great deal!
Fords eh? We won't hold that against ya. After all, you DO own a Vette!
So true, aCorvette is a Corvette,................ and a Stang ain't!

Old 03-26-2007, 02:19 AM

Hey, thanks for the reply man. I just got off the phone with one of my friends and he is about to die over me getting a Corvette. Just to let ya'll know, i am 18(about to turn 19 next month) and that one friend is mad at me because he totaled his 69 chevelle and all he has now is his 84 BMW 325i. (Don't worry, I know how to drive unlike my friend who has wrecked 5 cars in 2 years. My records spotless; for now)

But the one thing that I do know is that after I fix what is wrong with the Corvettte I have, I might possibably be the most broke Corvette driver ever! I honestly just bought this because I wanted to start putting miles on something else than my 1996 SHO(first car/baby), it was in my price range(college boy price range), and I know that it is pretty fast to boot! I just hope that this corvette is easier to turbo than my 300zx was....well thats far in the future.[8D]

I hope that all of you people here can be helpful to me and that I can do the same for all of you, after I get working on the vette that is. Thanks for the comment(s).

p.s: I am thinking about putting a Ford Racing logo on the back window also...lol, what do ya'll think about that.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

p.s: I am thinking about putting a Ford Racing logo on the back window also...lol, what do ya'll think about that.

I don't think very many other Vette owners would see the humor.
I can see where one might see it as, racing against Fords, but it's kind of a stretch.

Remember:
It takes horse sence, to handle horse power!

Old 03-26-2007, 07:51 PM

Sounds like you got a good deal, if it's driveble and safe it's worth it. I thought mine was a good buy at $2000 and it was 25 years old then. It will take some work to keep it on the road but if you get kicks from making things tick it should be worth the time, have fun and keep us posted.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:18 PM

From where I sit, that's a pretty darned good deal, my friend!!! Congratulations! You are going to LOOOVE this car. If you don't have Corvette Fever already, prepare for a real bad dose of it once you get some miles under your belt... soon, you'll be like some of us here, goin' out to the garage in the middle of the night just to peek at it.....

Welcome to the Wild World of Corvette! [8D]