Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Kicking Myself in The A@@!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Default Kicking Myself in The A@@!

I'm a recent owner of a beautiful 1996 CE Silver Corvette. The car is everything I thought it would be. It handles beautifully and accelerates on par with sportbikes (not really, but I get the same feeling!). The only problem I have is that it's a freaking AUTOMATIC!!![:@][:'(] My wife and all her friends are busting my chops cuz it's not a stick. And to be truthful, I think having the manual would actually increase my driving pleasure. Damn. I just had to have this car for the price it was offered but I really wish it was a manual. Anybody wanna trade

Old 03-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Default RE: Kicking Myself in The A@@!

Sorry to hear you are having regrets, but I guess you just have to make the best out of what you have. I mean your still driving a Vette so life could be a lot worst. Or you could look at it this way, I don't know what your plans are for the car, but I've been told that autos can be better at the track. Enjoy that ride of yours.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:39 PM

Mine is an auto too and I also get made fun of by non vette owners for having an automatic sports car. But ya know what, it is still a vette and those non vette owners that I was talking about, they drive toyotas, hondas, nissans etc. Not the cool ones like the 350Z either. the grocery getter type. [:'(] I guess the joke is really on them huh.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:31 PM

Believe me guys, I love my car! It is incredible. I really never was a corvette guy until I owned this one. It has made me a true believer. Hell, I'm sure what's-his-name has issues with Ms. Jolie

Old 07-21-2006, 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Clayton

Mine is an auto too and I also get made fun of by non vette owners for having an automatic sports car. But ya know what, it is still a vette and those non vette owners that I was talking about, they drive toyotas, hondas, nissans etc. Not the cool ones like the 350Z either. the grocery getter type. [:'(] I guess the joke is really on them huh.
*standing ovation* There is no possible way I could agree more....

Old 07-22-2006, 03:44 PM

Don't kick yourself. Pat yourself on the back for getting your Vette, It's a Fantastic car no matter if auto or stick. I'm a new owner of 2004 C5 coupe auto

Old 07-23-2006, 05:03 AM

It's a 'vette, it looks cool, if drives cool, and hopefully it makes you feel happy

Stick is definitely better, but, no Toyota Corolla driver with go faster stripes has the right to say so IMHO. I'd take the auto 'vette over any Japanese car.

Real Men don't eat Quiche, and real sports car fanatics don't drive auto's.......I'm guessing a stick shift is in your future......but, I don't have issues with my masculinity and I like Quiche.......so who knows!

Each to his own.....wide open country roads, I need that stick.......traffic jam behind a fender bender......the auto is more practical/comfortable!

Old 07-24-2006, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: percentages

Real Men don't eat Quiche, and real sports car fanatics don't drive auto's.......I'm guessing a stick shift is in your future......but, I don't have issues with my masculinity and I like Quiche.......so who knows!
Bwaaaahahahaha!!! I love it. Color me an automatic drivin' Quiche lover, too!

Old 07-28-2006, 03:08 AM

My whole thing while looking for a vette was no matter how good of a deal or how much I liked the car I wouldnt buy an auto. I found 2 that I thought were the perfect car, they ended up being auto. I waited almost 6 months till I found my car. Im soooooo glad I waited to find one I liked that was a stick. My buddy has a black c5 thats an auto, It's not so bad; just not my cup of tea. And like everyone else on here has said you could be driving an auto civic instead of an auto vette.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

My whole thing while looking for a vette was no matter how good of a deal or how much I liked the car I wouldnt buy an auto. I found 2 that I thought were the perfect car, they ended up being auto. I waited almost 6 months till I found my car. Im soooooo glad I waited to find one I liked that was a stick. My buddy has a black c5 thats an auto, It's not so bad; just not my cup of tea. And like everyone else on here has said you could be driving an auto civic instead of an auto vette.
That's the thing; everyone likes something different about either the stick or the auto. Look how much enjoyment you get outta yer stick there, and I just loooove my 700R4 with the beefed internals... we each appreciate different aspects of the car... but just because one is an auto and the other isn't, don't mean nothin' really.... almost every non-V8 car I have owned has pretty much HAD to be a stick... just not enough hamsters under the hood to provide any sort of entertainment value... but, both my wicked nasty Z/28 and now my dream 'Vette both have 700R4's in 'em, and I wouldn't trade 'em for nothin'....

Quick Reply: Kicking Myself in The A@@!