Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Latest news on GoRichB (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/latest-news-gorichb-5340/)

TopSpeed 06-01-2007 01:10 PM

RE: 04/15/07 Latest news on GoRichB

ORIGINAL: rjensen

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Iam completely empty inside in regards to our fallen brother, Rich. I still cannot get over how one day, he was here and full of life and now today it's a different world altogether. Great post, Rita; he will always be here in spirit. One day, we'll all get together again.
Amen, Scotty!

And I don't doubt we will all be laughing at you still
chasing around Mrs. TopSpeed. ;)
God bless you, Rita. You never cease to bring a smile to my face. :D

rjensen 06-01-2007 01:14 PM

God bless you, Rita. You never cease to bring a smile to my face. :D
[/quote]

DITTO! :D

blueshark 06-01-2007 05:31 PM

Wow, cwb, that's an incredible story and a testament to His love. I, too, was in a car accident in '01 that I shouldn't have walked away from; miracles happen everyday around us, sometimes without us noticing really.

Okay, now that is 3 of us that I know of (CWB, TopSpeed, and myself) whom have had near-fatal accident, but for the Grace of God are here today. How many other Corvette and fast-car enthusiast share this blessing? Just wondering.

Take care, stay safe.
RJ
Well...now that you ask....Several occasions for me as well. in my casebeing stupid is a health risk. just didn't want to sound like a copy-cat so Idecided not to post.

C3 Starship 06-01-2007 06:14 PM

Been there. [&o]

blueshark 06-01-2007 09:50 PM

I believe That any of us that have actually "lived life" have been there. I'll even wager that most all have been there and not even known it while they were. I remember once when I was a kid standing at the edge of a 1100+foot cliff, leaning out looking over the edge with the updraft almost holding me up. If that updraft had lessened or decided to change direction I wouldn't be here typing this right now. At the time I wasn't even smart enough to think about it. Granted that one is not as dramatic as walking away from some of the auto accidents I have been involved inbut my point is this...How many times have you been onedecision away from death and destruction without knowing it? Every day we wake up breathing, our human luck gets that much more stretched. Thank the Creator for Guardian Angles.Enjoy and live life each day with your loved ones as if it could be the last. Have as much fun and love as you can without worryingabout it, Don't sweat the small stuff.After all...Life is for living. Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid of death, 'cause that trip is gonna be wild, but I still have a lot of stuff I want to do in this life first. Cheers.

" And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" Ph.-4:7

blueshark 06-01-2007 10:06 PM

In Our dear friend Rich's case as in any other, there were perhaps two ill fated decisions made that lead to the fatal meeting of the two lives. They both took just a fraction of a second to make and set the two fates. Perhaps just alingering footon the break pedala few hundred yards earlier or if a stop light had taken a few seconds longer to change green somewhere along their routes, the two lives may have passed each other without incident. Just goes to show how every decision we make may have some effect on a total strangers life. It blows your mind if you think too hard on it. But like they say..."You never know". Cheers.

rjensen 06-01-2007 10:52 PM

>>>" And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" Ph.-4:7 <<<

George,
What a beautiful passage from the bible . . . thanks for sharing it.
Blessings,
Rita

blueshark 06-01-2007 11:01 PM

yourvery welcome Rita, But the credit goes to Paul. I just plagiarized him.

Black86vette 07-02-2007 10:52 AM

Just found this. So is he ok.:)I hope so. I just said a small silent prayer.

rjensen 07-02-2007 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

Just found this. So is he ok.:)I hope so. I just said a small silent prayer.
I recently heard from his wife and Rich is out of the coma and getting better day-by-day..This is truly a miracle. He still has a long way to go, so all prayers are greatly appreciated. Thanks for asking. FYI -There is another post out there with updated info.

Take care. Stay safe.
RJ

cwb 10-05-2007 09:17 PM

RE: Latest news on GoRichB

Time for an update on our buddy here???

Anything new?

rjensen 10-05-2007 10:53 PM

ORIGINAL: cwb

Time for an update on our buddy here???

Anything new?
I agree, but have not heard back from my last email. In deed, it is time to send another email to let Rich and Starlaknow they are in our prayers. I will be sure to post any news.

Thanks for asking. :)

blueshark 10-05-2007 11:49 PM

I sure pray he's still progressing. When you email them please tell them we're all pullin' for 'em. Thanks Rita, You're the greatest. God bless.

C3 Starship 10-06-2007 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

I sure pray he's still progressing. When you email them please tell them we're all pullin' for 'em. Thanks Rita, You're the greatest. God bless.

[sm=hiya.gif]Me too! :)

D327 10-06-2007 02:38 PM

I Always say a prayer for Rich when I log onto the Forum.

rjensen 10-06-2007 07:12 PM

Hi, Guys!
I just fired off an email to Rich and Starla and told them of your prayers and good wishes. I hope to hear back from them and will be sure to pass along any news.

Thanks to you all.
Take care. Stay safe.
Rita

chargedvette02 10-13-2007 02:54 PM

Still nothing?

rjensen 10-13-2007 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

Still nothing?
Hey, Luke!
How you be? No, sorry to say, I have not heard a word. I think Rich has a long way to go and maybe we are a reminder of just how much he does not remember, and perhaps that has acounter productive affect. I will keep everyone in the loop if I hear from Rich and Starla.

Thanks for caring.
Take care.

cwb 11-21-2007 07:38 AM

Still nothing?
Hey, Luke!
How you be? No, sorry to say, I have not heard a word. I think Rich has a long way to go and maybe we are a reminder of just how much he does not remember, and perhaps that has acounter productive affect. I will keep everyone in the loop if I hear from Rich and Starla.

Thanks for caring.
Take care.

Still nothing?
Anything?

rjensen 11-21-2007 10:45 PM

Nada.

[sm=sigh.gif]

cwb 12-19-2007 01:18 PM

If yer' in touch with the the family there rjensen, tell 'em we said Merry Christmas, and hope he's doin' well on recovery...

rjensen 12-20-2007 10:47 AM

If yer' in touch with the the family there rjensen, tell 'em we said Merry Christmas, and hope he's doin' well on recovery...
Will do, for sure. Thanks for your kindess and concern. :)

cwb 12-21-2007 08:12 PM

Will do, for sure. Thanks for your kindess and concern. :)
ALWAYS.

Sometimes we forget what's important................

rjensen 12-26-2007 08:43 PM

Merry Christmas from GoRichB

Hi, Everyone!
After sending our wishes for a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with many blessings, I heard back from Starla. It was a very short reply wishing us all a Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year. It was signed by Starla. No mention or words from Rich.

God's Speed, Rich! ;)

Wishingeveryone here on the foruma New Year filled with many blessings.
RJ

blueshark 12-26-2007 08:53 PM

RE: Merry Christmas from GoRichB

Thanks for letting us know Little Sister. God bless you. Cheers

C3 Starship 12-26-2007 10:30 PM

Thanks for passin' it along. :)

rjensen 12-27-2007 11:18 AM

Thanks, George! Thanks, Dave!
Just wish Starla would have said more.

Take care.

cwb 01-17-2008 07:10 PM

Hi, Everyone!
After sending our wishes for a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with many blessings, I heard back from Starla. It was a very short reply wishing us all a Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year. It was signed by Starla. No mention or words from Rich.

God's Speed, Rich! ;)

Wishing everyone here on the forum a New Year filled with many blessings.
RJ
Anything from Starla there, rjenson?

rjensen 02-19-2008 11:58 AM

Hi, Everyone!
Sorry, it has taken so long for me to reply. My husband has been real sick, so I haven't had much time to surf.

No, I haven't heard anything from Starla, but will always forward any news I receive.

Hope all is well with all the great people here on the Forum, especially the heart and soul of this place . . .
C3 Starship Dave & Blueshark George.

Take care, Bros!

blueshark 02-19-2008 12:32 PM

Hey Little Sis, We been missin' ya around here. Glad to hear from you. Sorry to hear the hubby's under the weather, Give him our best and hope he gets to feelin' better. Thanks for keepin' us up to date on brother Rich, hope he's getting on well. I sent another Email through here but I fear Starla may not get them. It would be great to hear that Rich is up and runnin'. They stay in our prayers, as do you.

Stay safe and stay well. God bless. Cheers

PS: Don't know about the "heart and soul" thing, for me anyway, Capt. Dave for sure, but I don't contribute much, mostly just babble,[sm=icon_blah.gif], maybe a laugh once in a while.:D Far more valuable people here than me. but thanks for the thought Dearheart. LOL!:D

rjensen 02-19-2008 02:16 PM

>>>PS: Don't know about the "heart and soul" thing, for me anyway, Capt. Dave for sure, but I don't contribute much, mostly just babble,[sm=icon_blah.gif], maybe a laugh once in a while.:D Far more valuable people here than me. but thanks for the thought Dearheart. LOL!:D <<<

Well, Sir, I must respectfully disagree with you on that, but just goes to show you are staying true to the dear heart I know you to be. My husband is doing better, thank you, and I too would love to hear from Starla and Rich. We will just keep praying.

Take care. Stay safe.
Rita

blueshark 02-19-2008 02:53 PM

Well I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, LOL! :DI'm used to women disagreeing with me, my wife does it all the time....Still doesn't make it so, LOL! :D

Take your Husband for a screamin' ride in that silver chariot of yours and the rush will fix 'im right up. Nothin' like the smell of burnin' rubber and a seat of the breaches ride to get the blood flowin'

Stay sweet Little Sister.

see.... just some more unimportant dribble, LOL!:D

rjensen 02-19-2008 03:59 PM

[sm=happybounce.gif]

C3 Starship 02-19-2008 07:11 PM

.....Alright you two!! :D

" Well I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, LOL! :DI'm used to women disagreeing with me, my wife does it all the time....Still doesn't make it so, LOL! :D "

Now there's a line to quote. [sm=icon_rofl.gif];)

[sm=thanx.gif], "Dear Heart". You are too kind. [&o]
'Cept for George, ya can't be too kind ta him, he's a pretty swell guy. :)

I have to go on Rich's condition, the last time we heard. He was doin' so well, and I'm goin' with that. ;)I drop a prayer in for Rich and his family, and include George's family over seas. Let's keep them all dear. :)[sm=usa.gif]

How's your daughter doin', George?

blueshark 02-19-2008 07:43 PM

She's assigned to a MP unit and was out about2 months ago and broke her foot during a skirmish. Two others were wounded but not fatal thank God. She's back at it and she actually said she loves her job, except for the being shot at part. She said her units Sharpshooter took out the bad guys that were shooting at them. She's got 7 months left over there. My hair gets grayer by the minute just thinkin' about it. Thanks for asking and for the prayers brother.

Hope Starla replies to ya soon RJ, need some good news.

I'm just gonna ignore those other comments....that's what I do when my wife disagrees with me. works well and I gettin' reeeallly good at it, LOL! [sm=smiley24.gif]do da doooo, ...huh?....of course,....she has her story.....but I have the truth...LOL! LOL!:D

ZR1clone 02-19-2008 07:48 PM

I'll be praying for Rich and his family too. Thanks for posting this. I don't know Rich personally but I know that God does and He loves Rich. Lets keep the prayers going cause we're all family here.

rjensen 02-19-2008 10:33 PM

>>>>;)I drop a prayer in for Rich and his family, and include George's family over seas. Let's keep them all dear. :)[sm=usa.gif]

Dave,
You are right on with these thoughts. I didn't realize George's daughter was in harm's way. Will definitely be including her in my prayers.

Yup, we are all family around here for sure.
[sm=icon_rock.gif]

blueshark 02-19-2008 11:24 PM

Thanks Sis, she's in Baghdad with all the other younguns over there in harms way. I guess like all the families with folks over there, every time I hear about a bomb going off or one of our Armed Service personnel being shot I get a huge lump in my throat and hold my breath a little more than usual. God bless them all Great and Small. Cheers

rjensen 02-20-2008 02:24 PM

That has got to be tough.

I ask the Lord to keep them all close to His Heart and safe in His Love and ask the same for all their families and loved ones, too.

I read a quote yesterday that said, "If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them."

God Bless them all.

Naste98C5 06-01-2008 10:35 PM

My prayers are with his family![sm=devilangel.gif]