Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Latest news on GoRichB (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/latest-news-gorichb-5340/)

rjensen 03-21-2007 02:45 PM

Latest news on GoRichB

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to give friends of Rich an update on his condition: Unfortunately, he is still in a coma (a result of an accident with a drunk driver.) Rich's wife Starla is trying to stay strong but, as you can imagine, it is very hard. Please keep Rich, Starla and their young daughter in your prayers.

Thanks in advance.
Take care, stay safe.
Rita

TopSpeed 03-21-2007 02:51 PM

RE: Latest news on GoRichB

Thanks for posting this for us, Rita, and staying in touch with them. This is the saddest news possible. Rich and hisfamily are definately in our thoughts and prayers here. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through. I am so sorry that such a terrible thing has happened to such wonderful people. They are definately in God's arms.

TopSpeed 03-21-2007 02:53 PM

I have pinned this thread to the top of the forum for now.

rjensen 03-21-2007 04:28 PM

Thanks so much, T.S..

Hard to find the words to say anymore right now.

RJ

PAY2PLAY 03-21-2007 08:06 PM

I just received a PM from StarShip this morning about Rich. It is so sad to think about what he and his family are going through right now and I have them in my prayers. In these type of situations its hard to say everything happens for a reason, but I believe everything has a meaning behind why it happens and hopefully nothing but good will come from such a tragic event.[/align]

C3 Starship 03-21-2007 11:30 PM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

I have pinned this thread to the top of the forum for now.
Good move Bro! ;)

Yes, Rita and I have been stayin' in touch with Rich's wife, and each other.
We're asking everyone to join us in prayers for Rich and his family.

C3 Starship 03-22-2007 12:34 AM

It's at times like this, that a family really pulls together. :)
I have found that, WE, have a great family here. ;)
I have gotten wonderful responces, fromthe Corvette brothers and sisters, to the PM's that I sent out.
Thank you, one and all! I will forward your best wishes and prayers to Rich's family.

"God Bless Us, Every One!"
Tiny Tim

9TBLKC4 03-22-2007 10:23 AM

Thanks to those that are taking the time to be in contact with rich's family. At times like this it means a lot to the family knowing they don't have to face this alone. All the prayers and support mean a lot. (I know, I've been there)

Please pass along our prayers and wishes for a quick recovery to the family.

It doesn't do any good trying tofigure out WHY it happened. Our faith that all things happen for a reason and God knows the WHY is our comfort.

vettes 4ever

rjensen 03-22-2007 03:08 PM

>>>Our faith that all things happen for a reason and God knows the WHY is our comfort. <<<

Amen!

D327 03-23-2007 12:49 AM

I was shocked and sad to hear of the accident Rich had. There have been a couple of times in my life that could have gone either way. For some reson as my family and friends say, it was not my time to go. I truely hope and pray that it is not Rich's time. I will and have said a prayer for Rich to make a full recovery and to continue on with a good life with his family and friends who care so much for him.

blueshark 03-23-2007 02:06 AM

Thank you for keeping us in the loop Rita,
Starship Capt. Dave brought me up to date. I am saddened to hear of his continued physical condition. My heart goes out to his family.They are in our prayers here everyday. I hope and pray they do not unhook the breathing apparatus and allow him time to return from his journey. Where he is now,In the presence of The One, he is doing fine and is well,the sorrow is ours. He will hopefully return to his family. Godspeed Rich, and God bless.

rjensen 03-23-2007 01:27 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Thank you for keeping us in the loop Rita,
Starship Capt. Dave brought me up to date. I am saddened to hear of his continued physical condition. My heart goes out to his family.They are in our prayers here everyday. I hope and pray they do not unhook the breathing apparatus and allow him time to return from his journey. Where he is now,In the presence of The One, he is doing fine and is well,the sorrow is ours. He will hopefully return to his family. Godspeed Rich, and God bless.
Hi George,
Good to hear from you and what a great post! You are so right - Rich is with our Heavenly Father and I, too, pray for Rich and his family. I haven't heard from Starla in a few days, but will keep everyone in the loop. You just won't meet a nicer guy than Rich and it seems Starla was cut from the same cloth - just wonderful people.

Life is so fragile . . . you just have to cherish and give thanks for the people around you and every moment.

Hope all is well with you and yours.
Blessings,
Rita

CORVETTE LADY 03-24-2007 01:20 PM

Hello Family:

Thanks to Dave for sending me the info on Rich. We are on the road quite alot these days but I check in at local library's to check on you folks. We have Rich and Starla on the top of our prayer list each day. This is family and when one of ours is hurting the rest of us hurt. We will continue to ask God to give them strength for each passing day. To each of you, I miss being on the site with you, but check in when we can. May God pour out his blessings to Starla, Rich, and family.
Corvette Lady

TopSpeed 03-27-2007 03:23 PM

ORIGINAL: rjensen

>>>Our faith that all things happen for a reason and God knows the WHY is our comfort. <<<

Amen!

What a great post. It is so true.

AMEN, indeed!

rjensen 04-15-2007 05:14 PM

RE: 04/15/07 Latest news on GoRichB

To all whom care about Rich,
I sent an email to Starla tosee how they were doingand this just confirms what we all know . . . that Rich is a sweet and wonderful guy. Please continue to keep Rich, Starla and their daughter in your prayers.

Take care, stay safe.
Rita

Her reply.

Hello Rita[/align]thanks again for taking the time to write, you and the group in the forum are truly wonderful people.[/align]I'm afraid I do not have any good news to pass along. Richard's condition is basically the sameand we are still praying for any kind of positive outcome at this point. [/align]I try to remain strong through all this, but sometimes it is very tough especially not even hearing a hint of good news from the so many tests and procedures that have been performed.[/align]I just want to see his lovely hazel eyes again, and I just keep praying that I will. It's been especially hard on our daughter, even though Richard is only her Step dad she thinks so highly of him, and he loves her and takes care of her better than her real father ever will. So as you could imagine she is struggling with this also at only 14 years old. She misses him as much as I do right now. Richard himself was always a big kid, and they would always throw the ball back and forth, or play bad mitton together, or run around the house and chase each other like a big kid. Every other Sunday he would take her to lunch in the Vette, and she just looked forward to that so much. This is what keeps us strong, this is what we want again. we miss him so much.[/align][/align]thanks again for caring, and listening[/align]Starla[/align]

D327 04-15-2007 05:25 PM

Thank you for the update Rita, I will say a preyer for Rich and his family.

C3 Starship 04-15-2007 05:29 PM

Thank you Rita, our prayers continue! ;)

blueshark 04-15-2007 05:38 PM

Thank you Rita, We will continue to pray and hope for good news. Give Starla our best wishes. Just think of the story Rich will have to tell his daughter when he returns, perhaps at one of their sunday lunches in the vette. Something to hope for. Blessings to all.

rjensen 04-15-2007 09:54 PM

Hey George, Dave, and D327!
It is my honor and pleasure to act as a conduit between Rich's family and our family here at the Forum. Yes, George, I always tell her that the Forum Family is keeping them all in our prayers. In case you are interested,I will postmy reply to Starla.

Thanks again, all, for caring and for your continued prayers.
Take care, stay safe.
Rita

Dear Starla,[/align]Thank you so much for sharing with me. You are so incredibly strong and I continue to pray for you, Rich and your daughter. Rich has impressed everyone in the Forum as a wonderful, loving family man, so the husband and father you describe does not surprise me. When Rich was installing his Callaway Honker (it's a cold air induction system) he told us all how he sent you and your daughter shopping. That was so funny to me because I understand installing that piece of equipment is no easy task. And believe me, if it were my husband, I would gladly leave the house - HA! [/align][/align]I hope you stay close to Rich, holding his hand, talking to him, because you are the most important person in the world to him. As you can probably tell, there is a circle of people in the Forum that are just good family people with a mutual love for Corvettes. So many times,Rich has been the first person to welcome a new member, or respond with information to someones question. Personally, Rich has helped me 2 or 3 times with problems with my Vette.More than once, I have posted information on the Forum describing a problem that the dealership could not fix and Rich would reply back with the correct solution. Honestly, I would print out his reply and then take it to the dealership and say, "Here! This is what is wrong and thishow you fix it." My husband was always so appreciative of Rich's help and thought Rich was a real lifesaver. -- Guess I can be a real pain in the butt when it comes to my Vette.: ) sorry about that. Hopefully, I am a good wife and make up for it in other ways.[/align][/align]
Well, thank you again for replying. I will pass along the update and we all will continue to keep you, Rich and your daughter in our prayers. I do know miracles are possible and happen all the time. My husband just said to tell you to stay strong and keep the faith. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/...mileys2/01.gif[/align][/align]Starla, I am here for you anytime you need to talk.[/align]Take care, dear heart.[/align]Blessings,[/align]Rita
[/align]

blueshark 04-16-2007 12:06 AM

That's really great Rita. I'm sure it means a lot to Richards family. Thanks again for keeping us in the loop. I wish there was some way we could help more. God bless you aswell.Cheers

TopSpeed 04-17-2007 02:56 PM

My eyes filled with tears this morning, on this thread. I am constantly praying for a miracle here for everyone, and indeed they do happen. All our very best wishes and prayers to the whole family, and thank you so much Rita for keeping everyone in the loop like this. We all are blessed to have such wonderful friends.

blueshark 05-09-2007 10:11 PM

Any word as of late? The prayers continue and hopefully we may hear some good news. Godspeed Rich and God bless.

rjensen 05-11-2007 10:56 PM

Any word as of late? The prayers continue and hopefully we may hear some good news. Godspeed Rich and God bless.
Hi George,
Sorry, it has taken me so long to post this reply to your question.
I emailed Starla earlier this week and have not heard back. : (
Maybe they are real busy and she hasn't had time to check Rich's account.When Ihear from Starla I will be sure to post an update.
Hope all is well with you, Mrs. George and all the little "Georges."

May God bless you all.
Rita

blueshark 05-11-2007 11:32 PM

Thank you Rita. I was just wondering. I think about him and his family often. I just pray his daughter doesn't have to grow up without her father in her life. Thanks again and God Bless.

C3 Starship 05-12-2007 07:09 AM

Me too George, I think about Rich quite often. Our prayers continue. ;)

rjensen 05-12-2007 11:31 PM

George, Dave, T.S.,
You guys are all salt of the earth in my book. Yes, Ioften think of Rich and his family, too. Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. I will be sure to keep you all informed if I hear anything.

May God bless you all.
Rita

C3 Starship 05-13-2007 12:06 AM

We think the WORLD of you too, Dear Heart. Thank you for stayin' in touch, and may God Bless you, too!

rjensen 05-13-2007 11:13 PM

Hi Dave!
Thank you for your kind words. Ihaven't beenhanging out here as much as I like to since my one dog was diagnosed with sugar diabetes. I have been reading everything I can find on the disease and been learning how to give insulin shots and do glucose curves. :(
Oh, but God has been good to us in letting us find out about this problem. It cango undiagnosed for some time, while the dog just gets sicker and sicker. We were blessed tocatch it early. My dog doesn't seem to mind the shots or the blood tests and seems to be feeling better everyday, so all is good.

Again, my thanks and appreciation to you for your good heart.
Give my best to your family and know that you are all in my prayers.
Rita

blueshark 05-14-2007 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

We think the WORLD of you too, Dear Heart. Thank you for stayin' in touch, and may God Bless you, too!
Ditto on that!

Rita, I'm glad your puppy is reacting well to the treatments. we just had a 7week old kitten pass. So little and so innocent.passed sleeping in my lap.

I hope Satrla contacts you soon. I am getting worried about Rich. We had a little competition going with our number of posts and as few as I post I just looked at the difference. .....It's been a while. We keep praying. God bless all.

rjensen 05-15-2007 11:23 AM

Oh, George - how sad to lose a pet, especially when they are so young . . . and in your lap. Events like this really cut you to the quick. I will keep you all in my prayers.

I am thinking of emailing Starla, again. Maybe my first email got lost in her junk mail, or something like that. I don't have a good feeling either, but will never give up hope or praying.

Will keep in touch with you guys -
Take care, stay safe.
Blessings,
Rita

TopSpeed 05-15-2007 12:08 PM

I am heartbroken with the lack of news here, but still hopeful our prayers and well-wishes will make a difference. I really do miss Rich here. Godspeed, bro.

cwb 05-29-2007 12:46 PM

Oops - duplicate/edited.

cwb 05-29-2007 12:54 PM

How is this fellow now?

Miracles do happen. If you are praying, make sure it's from the heart.

blueshark 05-29-2007 02:46 PM

I am wondering myself. Rita has been keeping us informed. Last news was that Rich's wife complied with his wishes to have him removed from life support as there was no sign of brain activity. It wasn't clear if he passed. This saddens me beyond words. I am still praying and hopeful. you never know. I pray he is still hanging in there and will return to his wife and daughter. It's in "HIS" hands now. I hate for her to grow up without her dad. Not a good thing. Cheers

rjensen 05-29-2007 08:56 PM

Hey, CB!
Thanks for sharing your story. I am so glad you knowthe Lordand glad to see He still has work for you to do here. :) I also survived a near-death accident and it is only by the grace of God that I am here today.

Thanks, too, for asking about Rich. Unfortuantely, I haven't heard from his wife since that last email George mentioned. Rich will always be an importantmember of this Forum, even if only in spirit and he will always be in my prayers.

Take care, stay safe.
Rita

rjensen 05-29-2007 08:59 PM

I am wondering myself. Rita has been keeping us informed. Last news was that Rich's wife complied with his wishes to have him removed from life support as there was no sign of brain activity. It wasn't clear if he passed. This saddens me beyond words. I am still praying and hopeful. you never know. I pray he is still hanging in there and will return to his wife and daughter. It's in "HIS" hands now. I hate for her to grow up without her dad. Not a good thing. Cheers
Hi George,
Well, as I posted above, there is no news regarding Rich. I know how you are feeling reading this because I feel the same way. All we can do is pray for him and his family. You are right - it is in God's Hands - and as far as I am concerned that is the best place you can be.

Take care, stay safe.
Blessings,
Rita

blueshark 05-29-2007 10:40 PM

They will remain in our prayers.

TopSpeed 05-31-2007 12:00 PM

Wow, cwb, that's an incredible story and a testament to His love. I, too, was in a car accident in '01 that I shouldn't have walked away from; miracles happen everyday around us, sometimes without us noticing really.

Iam completely empty inside in regards to our fallen brother, Rich. I still cannot get over how one day, he was here and full of life and now today it's a different world altogether. Great post, Rita; he will always be here in spirit. One day, we'll all get together again.

rjensen 06-01-2007 01:02 PM

Iam completely empty inside in regards to our fallen brother, Rich. I still cannot get over how one day, he was here and full of life and now today it's a different world altogether. Great post, Rita; he will always be here in spirit. One day, we'll all get together again.
Amen, Scotty!

And I don't doubt we will all be laughing at you still
chasing around Mrs. TopSpeed. ;)

rjensen 06-01-2007 01:09 PM

Wow, cwb, that's an incredible story and a testament to His love. I, too, was in a car accident in '01 that I shouldn't have walked away from; miracles happen everyday around us, sometimes without us noticing really.

Okay, now that is 3 of us that I know of (CWB, TopSpeed, and myself) whom have had near-fatal accident, but for the Grace of God are here today. How many other Corvette and fast-car enthusiast share this blessing? Just wondering.

Take care, stay safe.
RJ