Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

New Dodge Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 11:49 PM
Default New Dodge Challenger

Have you guys seen the new Dodge Challenger photos that made their way to the net today? It's pretty sweet look'n! http://www.gear6.net/2005/12/photos_...hallenger.html

Old 12-22-2005, 04:07 AM
Default RE: New Dodge Challenger

It looks absolutely awesome! A buddy of mine on the LS1GTO forum showed it to me. I'm not a Chrysler fan but ya gotta give props to the stylist on that one, and w/the "Hemi"/LS series knock off it'll definately move too.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:09 AM

I like it. Hopefully they don't ruin it and change it too much for the production version. I can't wait to see it in person at the North American International Autoshow!

Old 12-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Administrator

i am obviously a dodge fan...and ill be amazed if it makes it to production.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:57 PM

That one sweet looking ride. I love the way those seats look.

Old 12-24-2005, 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: redmerlin

Have you guys seen the new Dodge Challenger photos that made their way to the net today? It's pretty sweet look'n! http://www.gear6.net/2005/12/photos_...hallenger.html

Well, I saw the new Challenger on the cover of my new Road and Track.

I'm a bit surprised: the car does almost nothing for me. The 425HP and the 6-spd auto, and the projected quarter in 13 flat, I like a lot. The "big" hemi is a damn fine engine and I'd love to play with one.

But the styling just doesn't work for me and I'm not sure why. I look at it and realize it is very cleanly and cleverly styled, so it evokes the 1970 Challenger nicely, etc, but is modern. Yet it just leaves me - blah - and yet the current Mustang I like a lot, which takes the same styling approach.

No sure why I don't like it. Then again I never really loved the Challengers and Barracudes in the 70s, either. I sure respected the Hemi and 440 though: you had to stay away from those puppies - although I think I only saw two or three cruising on the street during the whole time I was in my 20s. Most "noisy" ones were 383s which were fast but not that fast (mid 14s which was not too shabby back them) and few hot small blocks (340) could actually be faster than the 383, and a lot of 318 2-barrels or sixes, even, which were "non-combatants."

Old 12-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Administrator

i have taken down MANY big block and hemi muscle cars with my lowly 340...

it would be awesome if dodge actually makes this car...and if they offer this car to the public for under 30 grand, which is what they are saying, i WILL have one...i planned on getting a new, faster car when my current DD is paid off, which will be around 07, but if that car is coming out in 08, i will wait...if the price is right.

however, judging by how they have priced the 300C, and the charger, i fear that it will be VERY expensive.

Old 12-31-2005, 03:00 AM

I'm afraid you're probably right. They always end up more than what they try to project. If they could do a basic, HEMI powered version, no stability control, no nav system, cloth and no leather etc..., just the basics. Get it at around 25 or so, then I bet it would sell!

Old 12-31-2005, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

i have taken down MANY big block and hemi muscle cars with my lowly 340...

Patrick, since when is a 340 "lowly?" That is a damn fine engine. I remember street cruising years ago - I treated 340 Barracudas and Challengers with more respect than 383s - they were faster, mostly because they made about the same power and were noticeably lighter.

Old 01-01-2006, 07:48 PM

I like the looks. classic ish!

Quick Reply: New Dodge Challenger