Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

PAY-PAL SCAM

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Default PAY-PAL SCAM

Watch out for this one.
I received an email last night from Pay-Pal stating that someone was trying to acess my account remotely. The so-called Pay-Pal wanted me to hit the link they sent me in the email by using my email address and password so they could do what ever needed to be done to insure the safety of my account.
The sreen looks like the real deal but it's not!
Just for kicks I hit the link and added my email address(they had that already) and I put in a phony password.
Guess what it went through and the next screen had plenty of personnal stuff for me to fill out such as SS# birthdate etc.
I hope they catch these jerks, put them away and throw away the key.
Schoon

Old 10-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: PAY-PAL SCAM

I get lots of those "phisching"emails. Every time I get one I fwd it to spoof@ebay.com. They always get back to me and use the info to squash these crooks. Thanks for poasting this. Cheers

Old 10-01-2007, 05:51 PM

That scam has been around for awhile now,it's called "Phishing". Most of the ones I've receivedsay they're from ebay, I've also seen thempretending to be fromPaypal, Chase Manhattan bank. Just remember, none of those businesses willever send you an email asking for personal information. If you're ever in doubt, you can contact the business in question or just simply delete it.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: rshiver

That scam has been around for awhile now,it's called "Phishing". Most of the ones I've receivedsay they're from ebay, I've also seen thempretending to be fromPaypal, Chase Manhattan bank. Just remember, none of those businesses willever send you an email asking for personal information. If you're ever in doubt, you can contact the business in question or just simply delete it.
Exactly, why would they ask you for information they already have.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

This may be a scam, but I have won the British Lottery at least 15 times. I'm waiting for the total to reach 500 mil, then I'll cash 'em all in.

( Riiiiight! )

Old 10-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

I got offered a job from a British company last week as a financial officer. They wanted me to set up an account and collect money from clients here in the states and Canada and do wire transfers to them. Stopped emailing when I asked for an address and name of contact.and who was liable when a deal went south..... Posers!