Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Default Question

I am hoping someone can help me with a small problem...I have a Porsche that I'm selling. I have a gent very interested in it, but he lives in GERMANY! I live in Oregon and we are trying to figure out the best and least costly way to get the Porsche from here to there....

Anyone with experience shipping a car overseas (non-military)?

Notice that I'm posting this on the vette forum & not on a Porsche one....I also bought my C4 to replace the Porsche.....This is my second vette and I wish I still had the first one ('67 roadster, yellow, 327-300)....

Thanks for any help-info....

C4 forever

Old 03-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Default RE: Question

The guys in the shop next door constantly are moving cars between here and Japan. I believe they get the car in a container on a boat and bring it over. It's actually not too expensive, considering that's it's an entire car being transported, from what I have heard. Sorry I don't have more details for you at this time. If you need more information, just let me know, and I'll go next door and talk to the guys for you.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:16 AM

Thanks TopSpeed,
I can use any info you have re: shipping cars international.

I'm just glad my vette was here in the USA and I'm here, too!!

Pretty bad when you have to import a Porsche INTO Germany!!

vettes 4ever

Old 03-22-2007, 12:20 AM

Hey TopSpeed...

Nice car, too...(yours)

Old 03-27-2007, 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: 9TBLKC4

Thanks TopSpeed,
I can use any info you have re: shipping cars international.

I'm just glad my vette was here in the USA and I'm here, too!!

Pretty bad when you have to import a Porsche INTO Germany!!

vettes 4ever
*laughs* That IS a tad strange, importing a Porsche into Germany!! I am just happy to hear that your Corvette is with you... I'd go insane without ours.

I will pop by next door here in the next hour or so and check with them on details for shipping, then I'll post what I find for you.

ORIGINAL: 9TBLKC4

Hey TopSpeed...

Nice car, too...(yours)

Thanks, my friend!!!!! It's the result of 20 years of dreaming.... now a reality for us. This car is a member of our family, it ain't "just a car".... thanks for the kind words! I'd love to see some pictures of your car, too, if you get a chance. I personally cannot get enough of Corvette's.

As a matter of fact, I haven't been cut since we got ours... I'll bet I bleed bowtie, bro.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:43 PM

OK, I am underway here with information gathering for you, my friend.

The dude next door who is an expert in these matters isn't in at the moment. I talked to someone else there who said what you'll probably want to do is:
1) Rail the car to New York
2) Freight transport via boat to Germany

This, apparently, is safest and most economicle.

I have given this fellow my email address, and he promises me he is going to email me the name of the transport company he uses, with glowing reviews.

I will certainly post more info as it becomes available to me.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:30 PM

Alright, I heard back this morning from my friend! Here is the info he supplied:

I spoke to you yesterday regarding a company that ships cars to Europe. We have had success with Hual Shipping lines. They ship from the east coast of Canada and the US. Their website address is: http://www.hoegh.com/autoliners/.
I hope this helps, my friend. Please let me know what happens? I am curious as to what kind of experience you have with all this.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:41 AM

Hey TopSpeed,
Thanks for the info, now we have a starting point to set this in motion.

I know what you mean (20 years of dreaming) about owning a vette....it's been over 30 years since my last one (I was pretty young and even tho I enjoyed the vette then....I really love this one!!!!

This one is a '90, Triple Black, Convertible, 6-speed. Usual mods (complete exhaust replacement, 24 lb injectors, hi pressure regulator, 52 mm Edelbrock throttle body, K & N filter and replacement chip) She runs strong and comes on like Jack the Bear! Still get 20-22 mpg around town!!

As nice as a Porsche is, it wasn't 'part of the family' like the vette is! Anybody that thinks a car is just for getting from point A to B hasn't been in a vette....Now I look for a reason to drive somewhere!!

Thanks again for the info and may every day be a vette-day

Old 03-30-2007, 10:45 AM

ooops...I'll try the pics again

[IMG]local://upfiles/4063/B95707373EA64796865FAE2020FB3D92.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4063/539F621892544121A1587428FB65DF9B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4063/2461E8A6D4244580BD6DE63BCCD3B027.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4063/B48E7C6058BA436BAE263A99D10EF898.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2007, 07:23 PM

My God, bro, your car is STUNNING! Jeez, I just love the triple black like that. Looks real mean! Thanks for posting those pictures.

Sounds like you've got this Corvette fever pretty bad, too, there my friend. My wife, a nurse, says there is no known cure. Oh well!!!

Keep me posted on the whole car shipping thing, if you do elect to go that route. I am very interested in how it all pans out for you. Cheers!!!!

Quick Reply: Question