Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Recording dilema, Cubase 4 (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/recording-dilema-cubase-4-a-5198/)

C3 Starship 03-06-2007 12:17 AM

Recording dilema, Cubase 4

I know that some of us are musicians. Do any of y'all have any experience with Cubase 4? I really need to pick your brain!!! :eek:

TopSpeed 03-06-2007 02:33 PM

RE: Recording dilema, Cubase 4

*slinks away, all ashamed*

Sorry, bro, I wish I could help ya with that, but I just ain't familiar with your gear there. Have you looked for a forum on that, perhaps?

C3 Starship 03-07-2007 10:17 AM

Here's the prob......
I have an interface box that I have installed, and I was told, in one of the operating manuals, that I had to buy a dongle to make the system work. Everthing seems to be installed properly, but it will not pick up the signal from my guitar. I have two books and one says I need the dongle and the other doesn't even mention a dongle. If I use the dongle,would it need to remain plugged into one of my USB ports? :eek:
I'm still lookin' for a site that will give me the info.

TopSpeed 03-07-2007 12:37 PM

Is there any details anywhere on what that wiring setup looks like? If I could see that, I *might* be able to help you there, my friend. I just can't get my head around how everything hooks up at your place there, Dave...

Ain't technology grand? :)

3BlkC4Ragtop 03-07-2007 11:15 PM

I can't help you with this.. but I do enjoy my Guitar Port.. maybe this equipment (or something else at line6)could help you with working toward your goal.

www.line6.com
http://line6.com/guitarport/
I've had mine for years.. it's a lot of fun. No, I'm not a good guitarist.

http://line6.com/guitarport/images/overview02.jpg

C3 Starship 03-08-2007 01:23 AM

Hey Ragtop,
Thanks for the info.;)
Had yours for YEARS? And you're not good?
That's what I here from people that blow holes in the Ozone. :D
People tell me I'm good, but I've only been playin' for 42 years though. Still a lot to learn. I'm just tryin' to put together a few CD's for posterity sake. If I had it to do again, I would have bought "Cakewalk". :)

Hey Scotty,
Cubase has an interface that plugs into a USB port. My guitar plugs into the interface. Aparently, I do need to have the dongle pluged in to a USB port also. I'll try more in the next week.
(Hard to take the time, and with the weather warmin' up, guess what project I have on my mind! :eek: Can you say..... "454"? ;))
I got an e-mail from Steinberg, who makes Cubase. They want me to send them proof of purchase, the serial number, register my system, and give them the deed to my G-son before they will provide any info.
Those Birty Dastards!!! [:@]

Ya, I love technology!

NOT!!! [:'(]

sigung86 03-08-2007 10:59 PM

Man... I feel really bad. I play, in my mad project room on an old beat up Lab Series Amplifier... Although I did, after looking at D'angelico, et al., pick up a really nice Washburn J5, Jazz Box.

C3 Starship 03-08-2007 11:17 PM

Why feel bad? :eek:
Washburn makes a fine guitar! :)Not familiar with the J5 Jazz Box though.
I play a Gibson 335-TD, Fender Tele, Martin 0018, and run them through a Fender Ultimate Chorus ( simular to the old Fender Twin Reverb).

sigung86 03-09-2007 01:05 AM

http://www.washburn.com/products/ele...low/j3_j5.aspx is my new J5. I think I'm in love with the gold fixtures. [:-]

I used to have a larger number of guitars, but they've been absconded by brothers and students. Currently I have the J5, an old Martin EM-18 solid body electric that has the typical Martin accoustic type neck, and an Alvarez classic acousto-electric.
I'm basically trying to figure out how to sound like Joe Pass. :D And suddenly finding all the bad habits that the years of self-teaching have laid upon this tard ol' body.

C3 Starship 03-09-2007 10:15 AM

Nice Box! ;)
I have more guitars, but none like I mentioned above.
I started with a "Sivertone",(Sears), tripple pickups, and a nice sunburst finish.
the only "Bad Habit", that I conquered, is I threw away a capo. My dad said they were for lazy people who didn't want to learn bar chords. :D

Self taught? Me too. :)Never had a formal lesson.
You mentiond students, did you teach guitar?

Oh,..... one of my prize possessions is a '48 Richenbacker lap steel. It's black with white panels on the face. Don't play it much, but it's a real kick to play.
I also play fiddle and mandolin. (not as well as guitar though)

Thanks for postin' here, I love talkin' music/guitars as much as talkin' Vettes!;)

sigung86 03-10-2007 01:21 AM

Sears Silvertone... I remember it well. I bought one way back in the day. it came in a long tall, skinny case that had it's own little amplifier in it. The truly amazing thing was that if the neck had ever become separated from the body, you could use the neck for a large billy club. :D

I reread prior post... Forgot to add... No I don't teach music. In my spare time, and when my old arthritic body permits, I teach martial arts. :)

C3 Starship 03-10-2007 09:56 AM

I still have the ol' Silvertone! And it still works!:)I've had to rewire it, but the frets are worn down to the fret board. :DI put a lot of hours on that ol' axe. ;)
Played it for 15 years, then finally got the bread together to buy my Gibson. Bought the Tele' in '06, it's an American Delux. Had a Bigsby tailpiece put on it. Put one on the Gibson when I got it too. I'll see if I can put up pics of the Gibson and the Tele', I've got pics around here someplace. :)

C3 Starship 03-10-2007 12:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the Gibson...sorry 'bout the finger in the shot. :D
That's a rose stuck in the strings on the head, my wife gave it to me. It stays right there.! :)
I took the pick guard off 'cause I could hear static crackle from my figer rubbin' on it. Look close and you can see a wear spot where my finger rests. The finish is almost completely gone off the back of the neck.

Oh ya,....there is a piece of foam up against the "Bigsby", It stops the harmonic over tones from the strings, above the bridge. I don't know if anyone else can hear it, but I can.

Attachment 2660

Here's the Tele'...

Attachment 2661

Ya,...... that's a pink pick, easier for these ol' eyes to find when I drop it. :D

I love playin' both of 'em, but the Gibson is my "Baby" ! ;)

TopSpeed 03-13-2007 02:42 PM

Man, a guitar thread! Woot! Dave, you've got an' old Ricky??? I love me the old Richenbachers; man, you just can't really find them here in Victoria much...

Good luck on your project there, bro... I know how frustrating it can be to get everything working and wired up and all that, but it's SO cool when it's goin', bro... a real labor of love. You'll get it!

sigung86 03-18-2007 01:17 AM

Starship! Don't pay the ransom! I just escaped. LOL!

Actually, I work some intensely wierd shifts. And so ... while having not really fallen off the earth, it appears so to my friends and family.

The new Washburn plays like smooth butter. I love the fit an dfinish, and have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. After passing on a super deal on a d'Angelico, I thunk I might have buyers remorse, but that isn't the case.

I will try with great alacrity and intensity, and so on and so on ... LOL! ... To get some picks loaded. I don't know how many people have ever seen an EM18 Martin... They're a little rare.

Take care...
Dan

C3 Starship 03-19-2007 12:28 AM

O.K., I'll cancel the check! :D
Man.....that Washburn is a fine guitar! [sm=icon_rock.gif]
So glad that you are happy with it! ;)
When and where can I see ya on tour?
Gotta go on the road with that!!! :)