Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Recording dilema, Cubase 4

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator
Default Recording dilema, Cubase 4

I know that some of us are musicians. Do any of y'all have any experience with Cubase 4? I really need to pick your brain!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Default RE: Recording dilema, Cubase 4

*slinks away, all ashamed*

Sorry, bro, I wish I could help ya with that, but I just ain't familiar with your gear there. Have you looked for a forum on that, perhaps?

Old 03-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Here's the prob......
I have an interface box that I have installed, and I was told, in one of the operating manuals, that I had to buy a dongle to make the system work. Everthing seems to be installed properly, but it will not pick up the signal from my guitar. I have two books and one says I need the dongle and the other doesn't even mention a dongle. If I use the dongle,would it need to remain plugged into one of my USB ports?
I'm still lookin' for a site that will give me the info.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:37 PM

Is there any details anywhere on what that wiring setup looks like? If I could see that, I *might* be able to help you there, my friend. I just can't get my head around how everything hooks up at your place there, Dave...

Ain't technology grand?

Old 03-07-2007, 11:15 PM

I can't help you with this.. but I do enjoy my Guitar Port.. maybe this equipment (or something else at line6)could help you with working toward your goal.

www.line6.com
http://line6.com/guitarport/
I've had mine for years.. it's a lot of fun. No, I'm not a good guitarist.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Ragtop,
Thanks for the info.
Had yours for YEARS? And you're not good?
That's what I here from people that blow holes in the Ozone.
People tell me I'm good, but I've only been playin' for 42 years though. Still a lot to learn. I'm just tryin' to put together a few CD's for posterity sake. If I had it to do again, I would have bought "Cakewalk".

Hey Scotty,
Cubase has an interface that plugs into a USB port. My guitar plugs into the interface. Aparently, I do need to have the dongle pluged in to a USB port also. I'll try more in the next week.
(Hard to take the time, and with the weather warmin' up, guess what project I have on my mind! Can you say..... "454"? )
I got an e-mail from Steinberg, who makes Cubase. They want me to send them proof of purchase, the serial number, register my system, and give them the deed to my G-son before they will provide any info.
Those Birty Dastards!!! [:@]

Ya, I love technology!

NOT!!! [:'(]

Old 03-08-2007, 10:59 PM

Man... I feel really bad. I play, in my mad project room on an old beat up Lab Series Amplifier... Although I did, after looking at D'angelico, et al., pick up a really nice Washburn J5, Jazz Box.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Why feel bad?
Washburn makes a fine guitar! Not familiar with the J5 Jazz Box though.
I play a Gibson 335-TD, Fender Tele, Martin 0018, and run them through a Fender Ultimate Chorus ( simular to the old Fender Twin Reverb).

Old 03-09-2007, 01:05 AM

http://www.washburn.com/products/ele...low/j3_j5.aspx is my new J5. I think I'm in love with the gold fixtures. [:-]

I used to have a larger number of guitars, but they've been absconded by brothers and students. Currently I have the J5, an old Martin EM-18 solid body electric that has the typical Martin accoustic type neck, and an Alvarez classic acousto-electric.
I'm basically trying to figure out how to sound like Joe Pass. And suddenly finding all the bad habits that the years of self-teaching have laid upon this tard ol' body.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Nice Box!
I have more guitars, but none like I mentioned above.
I started with a "Sivertone",(Sears), tripple pickups, and a nice sunburst finish.
the only "Bad Habit", that I conquered, is I threw away a capo. My dad said they were for lazy people who didn't want to learn bar chords.

Self taught? Me too. Never had a formal lesson.
You mentiond students, did you teach guitar?

Oh,..... one of my prize possessions is a '48 Richenbacker lap steel. It's black with white panels on the face. Don't play it much, but it's a real kick to play.
I also play fiddle and mandolin. (not as well as guitar though)

Thanks for postin' here, I love talkin' music/guitars as much as talkin' Vettes!

Quick Reply: Recording dilema, Cubase 4