Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

RED FRIDAYS

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Default RE: RED FRIDAYS

ORIGINAL: wrwalke

I had to add in my $.03 (and yes, I wear red on fridays, and work "in the public interest" for our government).

bill.
Thanks for sharing this touching and important story of about your stepfather. Just one story about one brave man's life. There are so many untold stories. We must never forget and always honor these people.

My father's braverywas recognized for laying down communication wire while under enemy fire. They were crossing the Rhine River at the time. He is still alive and still goes to his army reunions - unfortunately, there are only a few of the guys left.

God bless them all - past, present and future brave hearts fighting for us.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:10 PM

ORIGINAL: 95C4yourself

Thank you very much for this post. As a Marine and veteran of Desert Shield/Desert Storm I know what it means to recieve support. I know that had I not had the support of friends and family there is no telling how I would have turned out. I will proudly wear a RED shirt whilst driving my Torch Red vette.
If you want to show more support please locate your local units and get on their mailing lists. They are always seeking donations for care packages. Man I lived to see mail call, my mom worked for M&M Mars and they showered us with fresh socks,shirts, powder,etc.
Well once again thanks for the heads up. SEMPER FI!!
I live in Point Loma (San Diego) California, home to the Navy and Marines. We love our military people and show our support as often as possible. Last week we had a Car Show/Toys for Tots Drive with the Marines and this past weekend we (myself and about 140 other vettes drove up to Camp Pendleton to spend timeItwasso great to be with them all. We gave them $10 gift cards, but I appreciate your suggestions for filling care packages.

Hereare a few links I came across and would like to share:
www.anysoldier.com
www.anymarine.com
www.anyairman.com
www.anysailor.com
www.anycoastguard.com[/align][/align]Again, thanks for this info. GOD BLESS YOU and thank you for your service.[/align]RJ[/align]

Old 12-12-2007, 12:17 AM

Thanks alot for the information from now on I am going to wear red every friday and spred this messege to my friends and family
THANK YOU TO ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN IN THE ARMED FORCES FOR WHAT YOU DO [sm=thanx.gif]
[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]
[sm=patriot.gif]

Old 12-12-2007, 05:19 PM
ljg

ORIGINAL: rjensen

I live in Point Loma (San Diego) California, home to the Navy and Marines. We love our military people and show our support as often as possible. Last week we had a Car Show/Toys for Tots Drive with the Marines and this past weekend we (myself and about 140 other vettes drove up to Camp Pendleton to spend timeItwasso great to be with them all. We gave them $10 gift cards, but I appreciate your suggestions for filling care packages.

www.anysoldier.com
www.anymarine.com
www.anyairman.com
www.anysailor.com
www.anycoastguard.com[/align][/align]Again, thanks for this info. GOD BLESS YOU and thank you for your service.[/align]RJ[/align]

Thanks for those websites! My school is looking to send care packages to our troops, those sites will help. Thank You!

Old 12-13-2007, 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: ljg

Thanks for those websites! My school is looking to send care packages to our troops, those sites will help. Thank You!
It is my honor,privilegeand duty to spread the word. Thanks, too,for all you are doing.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:42 AM

ORIGINAL: rjensen

ORIGINAL: 95C4yourself

Thank you very much for this post. As a Marine and veteran of Desert Shield/Desert Storm I know what it means to recieve support. I know that had I not had the support of friends and family there is no telling how I would have turned out. I will proudly wear a RED shirt whilst driving my Torch Red vette.
If you want to show more support please locate your local units and get on their mailing lists. They are always seeking donations for care packages. Man I lived to see mail call, my mom worked for M&M Mars and they showered us with fresh socks,shirts, powder,etc.
Well once again thanks for the heads up. SEMPER FI!!

www.anysoldier.com
www.anymarine.com
www.anyairman.com
www.anysailor.com
Thank you for the great websites, I sure wish I could have been in that caravan of Vette's, I know as a young Marine I always wanted a Corvette but of course the pay for the job done is absolutely ridiculous. It is more about the honor than the paycheck. I ask that everyone that reads these emails not to forget we are still at war here at home. They are constantly cutting veterans budgets to save money. I wish they could realize if not for these BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN they would have no budget to worry about. They tried to close the VA Hospital here in Waco,Tx and had one hell of a fight on their hands!! You also mentioned the Toys for Tots. When I was in high school, I was in the MCJROTC, and as the Platoon Comander we had the privelage of handing out toys to the less fortunate. To see the look on the parents face knowing that their kids were going to have a Christmas was priceless. Talk about choking up!! So if you find it in your heart to give to Toys for Tots, remember you are helping out a great organization. Even if you can't afford to donate toys or money they always need help from volunteer's with separating and handin out toys.
Thank you for ya'lls support!! SEMPER FI!!

Old 12-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you Marine. Stay safe and God bless.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:29 PM

>>>Thank you for ya'lls support!! SEMPER FI!! <<<<

For me it is a honor, privilege and duty.

Please accept my sincere thanks for your service to this country and the sacrafice you made.

SEMPER FI - indeed! And I pray this country will remain always faithful to our brave men and women whom have served and are serving in the armed forces.

God Bless.