Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

ROAD TRIP,...ROAD TRIP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Default RE: ROAD TRIP,...ROAD TRIP!!!

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Ahhh..... man......,No wonder the bird's missin', the burittos were for the cat!
*thumps on desk* Bwahahahah!! Youse guys must have one spicy cat there, bro!

Old 10-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Ahhh..... man......,No wonder the bird's missin', the burittos were for the cat!
*thumps on desk* Bwahahahah!! Youse guys must have one spicy cat there, bro!
Don't call 'im "Spun-nik" for nothin'. One buritto, when using afterburner, is good for
three trips around the living room, at hip level, 4 or 5 mad dashes up and down the hall, and then collapse in the middle of the kitchen, in a pile of smoking fur! O. K., O. K............The cat doesn't
really eat burittos.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:13 PM

Don't call 'im "Spun-nik" for nothin'. One buritto, when using afterburner, is good for
three trips around the living room, at hip level, 4 or 5 mad dashes up and down the hall, and then collapse in the middle of the kitchen, in a pile of smoking fur!
*snarfs coffee on monitor* BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!! Now, THERE'S a funny mental picture!!!

O. K., O. K............The cat doesn't really eat burittos.
Rats. I thought we mighta had an idea for a new TV show just there... I guess I'll call the SPCA later today, to see if they have an buritto munchin' kitties in stock.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

We went out for breakfast and dinner every day. My wife liked that.
I drink milk after every meal, ya know, even after writing it down, a waitress will forget the milk. []
I'm an old country boy, and I love my cow squeezin's. I was darned near raised on fresh whole milk.
What is this 2% low fat, wimpy white water? Sometimes I'll get a carton of whipping cream and slam that suka right down.

Old 10-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

I have some photos of my Gold claim, and have loaded them into "Photo bucket", but haven't figured out how to get them on the forum yet. I'll post them as soon as I figure it out.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

O. K.....Many thanks to blueshark, I finally got it .
I'm looking to get 1 or 2 claims in Idaho. These are pics of the first claim I looked at.
This is me at the upstream end of a claim. I'm preparing to walk the claim.
Name:  007_4A.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  115.1 KB
Now, this is why I love it so much. I can camp, fish and hunt, without reservations. Of course, prospect for gold too.
Name:  019_16A.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  76.5 KB
In the upper left, is the corner marker for the downstream end of the claim. This particular claim is 900' wide and 1800' long.
Name:  024_21A.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  56.9 KB
Thanks again George!

(I'll post some more later.)

Old 10-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Not far from Cottonwood Id., is this Bed and Breakfast.

Name:  IMG008.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  48.8 KB

The bedroom is in his snout, with the kitchen at his front shoulders, and the living room in his body.

Name:  IMG010.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  56.6 KB

This photo shows the stairs that go up the back leg and to the body where you enter.

Everything at this table is hand carved wood.

Name:  IMG012.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  77.3 KB

The town of Winchester Id.

Name:  IMG002.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  IMG003.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  40.4 KB

Old 10-24-2006, 03:20 PM

Hey Starship: Wow, the bed and breakfast, who would have thunk it. Love all the pictures. Gotta a question, can't remember which state we were in going across the country. Think Wyoming or Colorado, on the two lane we were traveling in the 60's. There were miles and miles of old autos set upright on the side of the road. Realize that they have rusted away by now, but was just curious as to the meaning of all the old cars on the road. Keep the pictures headed our way. Here's WAVING TO YOU.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2989/069800BAEDBB475D99DEAA1D4E65938E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

I've been across from Nev. to Kansas several times, but was on I-80 all the way, do you remember what road you were on when you saw all the cars? I did see some old cars in Neb., on the North side of I-80.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:49 AM

Hi Starship: I have looked on the internet for maps from the early 1960's with no avail. We were on two lane roads from South Carolina across the states until we got into the Portland area headed to Seattle. I know the states, S. C. , N.C., Tenn, Mo, Colorado, Wyoming, ID, Oregon, and then into Washington. Hope in my old age I didn't leave out a state. Strange that I have the travel log with expenses for the trip but not the map with the route. We had planned to make the trip back, but it would be a little different traveling on the interstate. How fun could that be traveling back in our 61 or 62 vette. That brings up another issue, we have someone coming to look at our cars this weekend. The only one we would consider selling at this time is the 62. Any ideas of prices, would like to have something in my head just in case they get serious about a buy. This is a red car, of course, we will not sell the hardtop, as my 61 is red with the white cove, and we sometimes switch the red hardtop for the white hardtop. Isn't that just like a women, can't make up my mind as to which top I like the best. Anyway, the 62 has the rag top, and the folks coming have already been told that the hardtop does not come with it. The guy already ownes a 62 with a hardtop and said that was not a problem for him. This may not come to pass as we have been using the 62 for the past few months and may not be tempted enough for a sale. Last time I checked they weren't make the 62 vette anymore. Starship, please continue to send us pictures. Here's WAVING TO ALL OF YOU.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2989/38AEC28941F3477A82D2433C72B45D6D.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: ROAD TRIP,...ROAD TRIP!!!