Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

SAD NEWS about GoRichB

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Default SAD NEWS about GoRichB

Hi Everyone,
From time to time, I email GoRichB for advice. My last email to him received this reply from his wife. Please keep Rich and his family in your prayers.
Unfortunately Richard was in a auto accidenton the 30th. He has a long road for recovery ahead of him, and the last couple weeks have been very tough for us.[/align]Out of respect I know he would want me to reply to your email. he talked highly of several members on the forum, including yourself and enjoyed the forum allot.[/align]A drunk driver hit him while he was in his truck, head on. As you could imagine it's been like a horrible roller coaster ride for us through all this.[/align]Right now we just want him to make a full recovery, however we know this is several months off. He's still in ICU and crytical condition.[/align]************************************************** *[/align]One of my signoff lines has always been "Take Care, Stay Safe" and now more than ever it seems fitting.[/align]May God watch over you all.[/align]Rita[/align]

Old 02-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: SAD NEWS about GoRichB

Oh my Lord Rita.........That's unbelievable!!!!!!![&o][]
When you make contact again, Please, let them know that they are in my prayers!!!

Thankyou Rita, for keeping us in the loop!!! Let us know how things are going!!!

Old 02-09-2007, 12:30 AM

Will do, for sure!

Old 02-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator

Yes Rita, Thank you for letting us know. That is terrible news. And please as well pass on my regards and he and his family are in our prayers here in Tennessee as well. We'll pray for a full recovery. God bless.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:20 PM

Thanks, George!

Will do.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:39 PM

OH NO!!! I am overwhelmed with sadness this morning to read this thread. Oh no.... oh no!!!! Please, Rita, please let them know they are definately in our prayers. I can't believe such a terrible thing could happen to such a nice guy. I know in my heart, he'll be just fine, but this is a terrible thing to go through for him and his family, and they are DEFINATELY in our hearts and prayers, big time.[&o]

Old 02-09-2007, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

OH NO!!! I am overwhelmed with sadness this morning to read this thread. Oh no.... oh no!!!! Please, Rita, please let them know they are definately in our prayers. I can't believe such a terrible thing could happen to such a nice guy. I know in my heart, he'll be just fine, but this is a terrible thing to go through for him and his family, and they are DEFINATELY in our hearts and prayers, big time.[&o]
Hi Scott,
I, too, have been so deeply saddened since hearing this news. I hope his wife keeps in touch with me, but I don't know if she will. I did tell her how much we all thought of Rich and that we would be praying for him. I was in a near-fatal accident when I was a teenager, so I can relate firsthand to a lot of what they are going through. I confided some of my personal experience with his wife and I hope she feels moved to keep in touch with me for support. I will definitely let the Forum know of any news I receive and will definitely pass on all good wishes and prayers to Starla (Rich's wife.)

Thanks for caring and CONGRATS on beingone of our Moderators. Could not havcgone to a nicer guy! IMO

Old 02-09-2007, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: rjensen

Hi Scott,
I, too, have been so deeply saddened since hearing this news. I hope his wife keeps in touch with me, but I don't know if she will. I did tell her how much we all thought of Rich and that we would be praying for him. I was in a near-fatal accident when I was a teenager, so I can relate firsthand to a lot of what they are going through. I confided some of my personal experience with his wife and I hope she feels moved to keep in touch with me for support. I will definitely let the Forum know of any news I receive and will definitely pass on all good wishes and prayers to Starla (Rich's wife.)
Thank you so very much, Rita. You are one of the nicest people I know, my friend. I hope she stays in touch with you, too, but I do understand if she doesn't. Life is short, and she's got her priorities there with taking care of Rich and all...

Regardless, we really appreciate any news you might come across, as well as the possibility of passing our best wishes to the entire family.

We will definately be keeping the light on for Rich, here, for his return.

Thanks for caring and CONGRATS on beingone of our Moderators. Could go to a nicer guy! IMO
*embarassed* Thanks, Rita! That's awefully, awefully kind of you, my dear friend.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

.........Thanks for caring and CONGRATS on beingone of our Moderators. Could go to a nicer guy! IMO
Nice dig RJ, Scotty didn't even catch it. .......just kidding I know it's a typo.

"could go to a nicer guy" ..........but I don't know a nicer guy than Scotty. cheers my friends.

And thanks again RJ for passing on the news. Thinking about it I am glad he was in his truck for this accident as he may not be with us if he were in the vette, especially if it was his '52. A truck is much stronger than a vette and gives more protection. If there is anything they need please let us know. May God bless him with a full recovery.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:08 PM

Wow, this sure is a heartbreaker. Man, I hate to hear this. I did look forward to reading posts by the Red '98............[&o]
Why is it always such bad things happening to such good people?
I'll certainly say a special prayer for Rich tonight.

Quick Reply: SAD NEWS about GoRichB