Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Totally bummed!

Old 10-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Default Totally bummed!

Still don't have my Vette back, due to rain delay of the test drive and also now throwing codes. PCM isbeing checked and should have her early next week. Hope this isn't just the being of how life will be with a supercharger. []

Take care. Stay safe.
RJ

Old 10-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Totally bummed!

Dang, game called because of rain! [&o]
Keep your chin up, it'll all come together.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:00 PM

So sorry to hear of the problems. Anticipation can be a double edged sword sometimes. These vehicles can sure make you ride the roller emotional roller coaster sometimes. I can only look at the positive side for you. Getting all the bugs out now is much better than taking it back time and time again. That would be even more aggravating. Hang in there and you will find it will be well worth the wait.
Mike

Old 10-13-2007, 02:35 PM

Rita, as long as the guys know what they are doing you shouldn't have many problems. I would look at it like this, they can take their time and do it right or get the car back quick and have issue after issue like I did.

Just so everyone knows my vette basically blew the engine and dumped all it's coolant out the back of the car about 10 miles from the dealer........ Good thing it was owend by the dealer and they had already raped me for it.

Can't wait till you get your vette back and feel the power, I'm missing it but I would have a seriously broken vette right now if I would have kept it anyway.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:42 PM

Thanks, Guys, for your support. I know my vette is in the best of hands. Stop by the shop today and took this picture. I am more excited than ever. Will be sure to post once I have her home.

Thanks again. Take care.
Rita

Old 10-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Damn Weather!..... Hang in there Little sister. I'll have to say I agree with the rest of these guys that it's better to let them work out the bugs now. ...Look what happened to young Luke's vette. It's a shame.....But,.... at the same time,..... let those guys know that you have about 100 or so brothers that will back up your husband if they mess it up! kinda like a small army of semi-redneck gun totin' vette owners, LOL!

Old 10-14-2007, 12:23 AM

Sorry to hear there was a delay, but I guess unexpected delaysare just a part of building something. Your going to have a permanent smile stuck on your face when you finally get her back.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:05 AM

Rita, Bummed out here too.I've being anxiously awaiting your joyful report back to us. I know the wait will be well worth it. The guys are right, It'sbetter tohave the shopsetup the vette right the first time. Thats more time for you to joyride in the Vette rather than driving it back to the shop.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:11 AM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Damn Weather!..... Hang in there Little sister. I'll have to say I agree with the rest of these guys that it's better to let them work out the bugs now. ...Look what happened to young Luke's vette. It's a shame.....But,.... at the same time,..... let those guys know that you have about 100 or so brothers that will back up your husband if they mess it up! kinda like a small army of semi-redneck gun totin' vette owners, LOL!
Oh, George! You are Salt of the Earth, Bro! And I feel so blessed to have met you all. Yup, know you all are right. Top Flight Corvette - thee only place to take your vette here in SD county, does primo work. The owner, Lawton, works on every vette like it is his own. Lawton is a good Christian and puts love into all his work, not to mention building the fastest vettes around. He has lowered my radiator and the bracket, so nothing rubs.To see how he hasmounted the intercooler is a thing of beauty. He even trimmed my spoiler, not to mention clean out all the rat poop and replaced all the hoses those darn varmits chewed through. Lawton has put many extra hours into my joband I know my vette is in the best of hands. I have seen other installs and none of them look as cleanand professional as mine.

So sorry to hear about Luke's baby. Unfortunately, bad stuff happens to good people and when it comes to cars and dealerships, sometimes it is real bad stuff. Lamont you are so right - it will be a big ole smile on my face when I get her back. And "D", I agree. I much rather leave her there a day or two more, than to be riding back and forth with "just one more thing."

Hope you are all having a great weekend and thanks again for your support.
Take care. Stay safe.
Rita

Search this Thread