Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

where do you park your vette?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Default where do you park your vette?

i came to a realization a couple weeks ago...corvettes are usually always parked near other corvettes! i drive my c5 daily...so usually when i head back to my car in a parking lot somewhere...if there is another vette (old or new) in the same parking lot...it is usually next to or near mine. the realization hit me when i became aware that i do the same thing...if i see a vette parked somewhere...i'm drawn to it like a magnet and i park near it...

anybody else do this...or am i just seeing/doing crazy things?!

one thing is for sure though...i love the corvette camaraderie...

Old 05-27-2007, 02:11 AM
Default RE: where do you park your vette?

I won't usually park by any other cars when I go into work because I seem to park in the same spot everyday. I do get a lot of coworkers that tell me other vettes do park by mine though. One day I went into my bank and cameout a fewmins laterand another C5 was on the left side of my car and a new silver C6 Z06 was on the right, I thought that was pretty cool.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:14 AM

I have a spot right on in front or our building -- cloest to the door -- where I usually park. Yeah,, I'm the boss but we don't have assigned parking and that's not why I getthe primo spot-- I'm just always first in to work each day.

No other 'vettes in our partking lot that I have ever seen. Two BMW Z3s, a Miata, and an Audi TT are all the other sporty cars there -- rather dull.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:19 AM

Where do I park my vette?
As far away from other cars as possible!
~ No dings in my vette, thank you very much. ~
When I park in a parking lot way off where most people do not want to park, I usually return to findreally nice cars park there, too. No vettes yet, but I undertandhow we aredrawn to one another.

Take care, stay safe.
rj

Old 05-27-2007, 11:32 AM
cwb

Furthest from the building, about 3 - 4 spaces from the last car. Lazy fat people disgust me. If I ain't burnin' octane, I'm burnin' glucose.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

I'm with Rita. Never in the general parking area.
I believe that drivers of other great rides are of the mind, that owners of these Babies will respect the other drivers, and be careful not to ding each other's rides.Even when parking with other "classics", I'll leave a space between, out of respect, don't cha know!
As the old addage goes.......
Birds of a feather, flock together.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:58 PM

I usually park somewhat of a distance away from other cars if I'm at the mall or store, etc. The exercise is good and I dont want the stress of a huge door ding. Its a win-win!

At work, we are somewhat limited in parking, but everyone is very respectful of eachothers cars so I never worry there. Sometimes I will park back inthe "cage" (fenced off area where the vans get locked up at night) so no one is around me though.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

I'm with Rita. Never in the general parking area.
I believe that drivers of other great rides are of the mind, that owners of these Babies will respect the other drivers, and be careful not to ding each other's rides.Even when parking with other "classics", I'll leave a space between, out of respect, don't cha know!
As the old addage goes.......
Birds of a feather, flock together.
Yup, same here, Dave!
I always leave lots of room . . . got to pay people their "propers".

Old 05-30-2007, 11:13 AM

Once I get the razor wire and machine gun nests set up, its only a matter of releasing the hounds into no mans land, then I'm perfectly comfortable parking my car anywhere.

I'm mindful about where I park, I'll walk an extra 50 yards to avoid banging doors on the in/out.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: 3BlkC4Ragtop

Once I get the razor wire and machine gun nests set up, its only a matter of releasing the hounds into no mans land, then I'm perfectly comfortable parking my car anywhere.
That's funny! [sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]

Quick Reply: where do you park your vette?