FS in FL: NEAR NEW 19"/20" HRE 547R Full Polish with Tires - C5/C5Z06 or C6 Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Default FS in FL: NEAR NEW 19"/20" HRE 547R Full Polish with Tires - C5/C5Z06 or C6 Corvettes

Wheel and tire specs:
HRE 547R 19"front/20"rear with Yokohama Advan Sport Tires
I am selling my set of "like-new" HRE 547R wheels and Yokohama Advan Sport tires.

The wheels were ordered in the full polish finish (not chrome). 19x9 with just over a 1" lip for the fronts and 20x10 with a 2" lip for the rears.From what I remember, the fronts have a 53mm offset and the rears have a 49mm offset. This setup make the wheels look absolutely stunning on the car without the need of spacers and absolutely no clearance issues. Also included are the 20 lug nuts for mounting the wheels. These wheels come with the polished HRE centercaps with the brushed "HRE" logo etched in the centercap. They were on my '03 Z06 for approximately 5000 miles over the course of the last two years (yes, she was a garage queen!).

There are VERY minor imperfections on the wheels that you would expect from 5k miles of normal driving, but definitely no curb rash or major imperfections worth noting. There are a few very minor imperfections that can be polished out if you’re ****, but you can’t see them unless you put your face right up to the wheels. The great thing about the polished finish is that you can always polish out any small imperfections that might occur over the time that you own the wheels. I would rate the cosmetic condition of these wheels a 9-9.5 out of 10 (10 being "out-of-the-box" condition) and it would take someone with a very distinct eye to tell that these are used wheels once you install them on the car. There are absolutely no bends or cracks at all. Even the inner barrels are totally spotless. These are a set of used wheels and tires in "like-new" condition that you will save a ton of cash on rather than paying $8K+ that I paid. These are my all time favorite wheels for the Z06 and I am only selling because I sold my Z. My loss is your gain.

The wheels are wrapped with super grippy Yokohama Advant Sport tires which are 275/30ZR19 fronts and 305/25ZR20 rears. The ADVAN Sport is Yokohama's Max Performance Summer tire developed for some of the world's most prestigious sports cars, sports coupes and high performance sedans. These aren't some crappy tire that I had installed just to get the car rolling; I bought the best tire I could find in the appropriate matching sizes for front and rear. All have tons of tread depth left. I don’t have a tire depth gauge, but I would estimate there to be AT LEAST 90% tread remaining if not more! I babied my Z06 and it was literally a weekend-only car. Absolutely no burn outs or spirited driving ever with the tires or wheels which have approximately 5000 miles of use.

I was running them on my 2003 Z06, but I'm pretty sure that these will fit any C5 (Non-Z06 included) and possibly the non-Z06 C6 vettes (Please confirm that for sure though!). They fit flush with the fender wells without any rubbing at all and no spacers. I'm pretty sure these can even work on a lowered C5 with a BBK, because there was TONS of clearance when I was running them on my car.

Here is a link to the "Retail" price on HRE's site (these prices are before shipping and tax):
HRE prices http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels.php?q=/540R/547R/

Here is a link to the "Retail" price on Tirerack's site (these prices are before shipping and tax):
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes....el=ADVAN+Sport

I know most people on the forums dont pay retail (even I got a partial discount from my local store), but I paid just under $8700 after the wheels, tires, shipping, tax, new lugnuts, mounting and balancing. I am willing to sell at a HUGE discount because I no longer have the car. Here is your chance to save OVER $4k for a set of lightly used top-of-the-line wheels and tires for your vette. I never got people staring at the car on the street until I put these wheels on my car. They really just transform the car into something completely amazing to look at.

I would prefer a local buyer to avoid the hassle of shipping (I posted this on craigslist), but I am willing to ship if I get someone serious. If shipping is necessary, the purchaser will be responsible for the shipping fees and packaging. I will deliver them to the nearest Fedex/UPS store and you can pay them directly.

Asking $3975/OBO + shipping

Now onto the pictures:

Front/Rear Lip

Straight on

Front 1

Front 2

Rear 1

Rear 2

Tread and Inner Barrels of all 4 Wheels

Front Tread 1

Front Tread 2

Rear Tread 1

Rear Tread 2

Unfortunately, I dont have any pictures of the wheels installed on MY black z06, but after some searching on the forum, I found a member who has the HRE 547Rs in this staggered setup on his Red Z. I beleive he sold the same wheels within days for $4500 without tires, so I really believe this is a steal! I hope he doesn’t mind me using his pictures just so you can get an idea of what they will look like:

To the owner of the Red Z: If you want me to remove these pics, please just let me know and I will take them down. Thanks!

Thank you for looking.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:14 AM

btw, this is not my first post... I have been registered under this name on this forum for about 3 years now. I have no idea where my previous posts have gone and I have contacted the administrator about that issue. I understand that there are scammers out there and my low post count for such an expensive item is suspicious, so I will be glad to give you all of my contact info prior to the sale if necessary. In fact, I prefer local pick-up in south florida. Thank you.

Last edited by flcarguy; 05-05-2010 at 11:28 AM.