Product Review Section Got something good or bad to say about a particular product for your Corvette?

Optima Batteries

Old 12-05-2006, 05:53 AM
Default Optima Batteries

I have a red top optima battery that came with my car. It just recently died and will not hold a charge; I took it up to advanced auto parts to have them check it and it came back bad. I called up Optima and they checked to see if the battery was still under warranty. I got lucky and it was still under warranty, the guy told me that since I didnt actually buy the battery and it came with the car that the warranty does not xfer owners. He did take care of me though and optima is shipping me a new battery free of charge, a little hassel but not to much.

Anyway Optima gets a 5 star vote from me for taking care of the problem with almost no questions asked.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Default RE: Optima Batteries

I have been using optima's for years, probably since they came out.
Love everything about them.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:21 PM

I LOVE THER YELLOW TOP WICKED BATTERY

Old 12-10-2006, 11:12 AM

What's the difference between their red top and yellow top batteries?

Old 03-06-2007, 06:50 PM

I wonder that also. I have a red optima. No probems at all. Great battery. Alot better than the ACDelco. They have a bad problem leaking battery acid. Bad news for the car and worse for the owner.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:22 AM

Late post but yellow top is a deep cycle battery and can be drained almost dead and not damage the battery. Yellow is more for cars with soundsystems in them. Red is a more preformance battery and is hurt by being drained to low, it also has greater starting power than the yellow top I believe.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:44 PM

I have the red top and a sound sytem. Should I convert to a yellow top battery?

Old 03-20-2007, 12:08 AM

If it's an intense sound system and you run ur battery low then yes. Running a red top low hurts it and it doesn't recover from it. A yellow top can be almost totally drained and not be hurt.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:47 AM

Late but Thanks for that information.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:07 AM

Charged.,
I'm glad that you were treated correctly, in the end, by the battery company. But I really don't think that there should have been "ANY" question when it cameto replacing the battery because it was bad. Even though you didn't personally buy the battery, the battery is still a product of that company and if it's within the time frame of the warranty, then it should be taken care of immediately. If it were a cheap brand-X type, it would be understandable, but NOT when these batteries are advertised as being "one of the best" or even "the best" and sold for the price they're sold for. Not to mention that in the long run, if you treat people correctly, they'll be back, something this rep you dealt with was alittle slow at taking into consideration.
I had a very similar thing happen to me with Allen Edmon shoes. I bought them on sale at the Base Exchange on an Air Base. The rep I spoke to on the phone told me that since I bought them at a place that sold their shoes at less than retail and the fact that the shoes were on sale, voided their standing behind their shoe. I spoke to her boss who told me to send the shoe and they'd replace it along with paying for the shipping. For $285.00, I figure that they better stand behind their shoe no matter how a person gets hold of a pair. Also, especially when Florsheim, a less expensive shoe, stands behind their shoes 100%.
Overall, when a company claims that their product is the best or one of the best, and the cost is atleast as expensive as any competitor, then they should stand behind their product with "no questions asked." In this case, if the battery doesn't stand up to any and alluse and or abuse in the given time frame, it should
be replaced. And if they have a problem with toomany batteries coming back, either drop the price and kill the heavy bosting or make a better product, one that does what they claim it can do.