Sights 'N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Corvette's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

corvette c-5

Old 09-06-2006, 01:26 AM
Default RE: corvette c-5

looks to me like its a bogus lingenfelter vette .[] proof is in the pudding

Old 09-06-2006, 08:22 AM

It depends what you mean by "a Lingenfelter Corvette." To me, and I think to Lingenfelter Performance Engineering (LPE), it means a car converted at their shop to one of their actual "models" - twin turbo LS engines of various sizes from stock 5.7 to 7 liters. At least according to Ed Taylor when I inquiuired several years ago, they only put the script Lingefelter emblems on those converted at their shop with LPE twin turbo system, and consider only those "a Lingenfelter vette."
What I bought in 2002 and what many other people buy are a kit, or upgrade, through the mail. My kit (about $14k all told) included a Magnusen SCR, intake manifolds, plumbing, wiring, fuel injectors, cam, new ECM programming, headers and exhaust, etc., etc., etc., all compatible and ready to go. With that I got some "Lingenfelter" emblems like those in some of the attachments to posts above in this thread. It was an incredible car (and a good bargain, too), but was not quite a real Lingenfelter.
By that way, at least up to late last year, LPE would not sell their twin-turbo system as a kit - you only get it by buying a car converted at their shops. (I actually need to call and see if this is still true - I'll get one if they sell through the mail.) Their modesl run from 550 HP up to 850, from about $25k+ to $100k+ price (plus the cost of the car, or course).
That said, the X-51 emblem on the side of the car in the video is not, as far as I know, one of LPE's models. I found a hit to a dealer through google that claims to sell the "X-51 Corvette" with similar badges on it, and will probably call that place today if I have time to see what the car is.
Another mystery.
------------------------------------------------------
P.S. My car lost a dyno shootout last week to a new 850-HP LPE C-5 Vette with twin-turbo 427 (770+ RWHP). My Procharger D1SC, supposedly good for up to 900 HP, crapped out as we put on ever-smaller pulleys to try to match that, and bent its tensioner pulley frame at around 715, and now, until I get a reinforced frame (I predict weeks and weeks), I'm driving around N.A.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:09 PM

Lingenfelter or not... that thing ripped those guys in the import a new one. Man, these Vettes in whatever form or trim really rock... great video, really enjoyed it!

Old 09-06-2006, 04:31 PM

LEE LET ME NO WHAT YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THE X51 BADGE ON THAT VETTE. THANKS

Old 09-06-2006, 04:32 PM

GLAD YOU LIKED IT.IT SHURE DID RIP.[sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif]

Search this Thread