Sights 'N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Corvette's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Ferrari I saw the other day...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Default Ferrari I saw the other day...

Last Saturday I was leaving the local Wendy's in my Camaro when I saw a beautiful Gray Mettalic Ferrari 360 Modena. It was cruising along, doing the 35 MPH speed limit and I got in behind it. I was hoping it was going to go straight through town because I knew right after you leave town the road opens up to 55 MPH, and there aren't many cops over in there. So I followed it for about 5 miles until we got out of town. Then I switched lanes right before the traffic light. I had my windows down as it was about 72-73 outside. I honked my horn to get his attention and he looked at me and i revved my motor and pointed down the road. He smiled and nodded, so I turned my Traction Control off. Now, I know Ferrari's are awsome, trust me, I'm a real car guy, read the magazines, know the specs, all that. Motor Trend does for me what Playboy does for most. Anyway, cruising through town, it was quiet, not any noise hardly, you get the picture. Now, remember, these cars have an exhaust bypass valve(I'm assuming since it's decendent, the F430 does). Well, the light turns, I nail it, perfect launch, tires squealing, exhaust screming, you know, all the things a red-blooded American guy loves. Then, I hear a freaking EXPLOSION!!!!!!! That thing sounded like a sonic boom when that bypass valve opened. I hung with him until I got to fourth then he just BLEW ME AWAY. On down the road he pulled off to the side and I got out and complimented his car and we talked for a minute then we were on our way. But Holy Jesus, yes it has power, I do too, I could easily get as much as him. BUT O MY GOD!!!!!!!!! I used to think that a good ole' Chevy Big Block with Side Pipes was the best sound ever, but guys, that Italian V8 was the coolest sound ever. I can't express how cool it sounded. Man, I never thought I'd be that happy after losing a race, but I just loved it. It was the first time I had ever been near a Ferrari or Lambo for that matter. Anyway, just wanted to share my experience this weekend.

'Til next time guys,
Jonathan

Old 12-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Default RE: Ferrari I saw the other day...

Awesome post! I, too, looooove the sound of a properly tuned Ferrari. That is pure sex on wheels.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Awesome post! I, too, looooove the sound of a properly tuned Ferrari. That is pure sex on wheels.
Ohhhhh.....Yaaaaa![sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 12-05-2006, 11:05 PM

I love it!! Nice that you guys got to stop and talk about it too! I see those cars around here in Palm Spings every once in a while. I am going to have to try and get one to get on it, so I can hear it open up!

Old 12-07-2006, 03:45 AM

Can't say that I have ever heard one in person, but now I really want too.

Old 12-09-2006, 07:36 AM

I was next to one going about 45 mph, not sure which one it was but it was nice looking and red, it was also a newer one. I tried to get the guy to run me but he would have none of it. I guess he thought he was too good for me and the lowely vette. Also on I-25 I was next to a new C6 Liengenfelter (spelling) Vette and he wouldnt run me either lol. He looked to be around 28-30 years old, he just waved and I passed him and kept going lol. I thought it was a Ferrari when I was comming up on it though, man that vette was hot.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:11 PM

YOU CAN GET A MUFFLERS AND HEADERS THAT SOUND JUST LIKE THAT ITALIAN SOUND. FOR THE VETTE

Old 12-09-2006, 11:28 PM

Well I still love my American sound.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:29 AM

oh.[sm=americanasmiley.gif] i love the sound of usa power

Old 12-11-2006, 01:30 AM

oh.i love the sound of usa power[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: Ferrari I saw the other day...